Saturday, March 4, 2023

Youtube Simple Life and Other

Part one 8/31/2023

Hey, all this is a page to work on all my YouTube Play List. You can see all our videos HERE 

*****************************************

Five ways I am trying to get to a simple life-

#1. Making More Homemade Foods

#2. Shopping sales and discounts

#3. Reusing Everything

#4. Gifting Homemade Goods/ Selling Homemade Goods

#5. Doing Side Hustles To Help Things Along

*****************************************

I got the best Christmas gift this year! My partner knows one of my biggest pet peeves is food waste. I mean I do everything I can to save that from happening. I will dehydrate food, can food if I could water bath can it. Well that all has changed. My boyfriend got me a pressure canner. Now I can all the foods I want so my emergency food supply is going to be awesome! Am I bragging? No I am touched my boyfriend listened to me. It was not a gift I asked for or requested. To be one hundred percent honest I told him I was saving for pressure canner by working on some of those survey and task websites I do. So when he sent me on a hunt for it I about cried. Okay who am I fooling I did cry when I found it.

Now someone may ask, Why? Well lets all get honest here. The prices of food are soaring. I am not talking nickels and dimes. I am talking by whole dollar amounts. Where I live I am blessed to have a fresh produce market and farms near us. So I get some really good deals which I stock up on and either dehydrate or can. The cost of meat though makes me want to cry. For the last two years I have been working on building up an emergency food supply and now I am in the process of rotating it out. Because lets be honest with ourselves, something is coming. Am I being a cynical person? Maybe. Am I being a realist when I know I am going to have to provide for my family? Yes.

Now I am not expert let me say this right now. I am just a woman wanting to take care of her family. To build up my food supply I have done it cheaply. First when I go to the store if I see an item on sale I may pick up extra pasta, rice, beans, sugar, coffee, canned good. The items do not have to be expensive. Sometimes if I go into the Dollar Tree I will get an extra spice or two or a few canned items to add to it. Another thing I do is dehydrate food. I have a dehydrator but you can also do this in your oven at the lowest setting. Normally 125 degrees. Our local farmers produce store had carrots on sale. I believe its a three pound bag for ninety five cents. I purchased extra and peeled them and dehydrated them. I stored them in a glass jar. I think next time I may try to pickle them. Our ancestors set an example for us. Canning, pickling and dehydrating are good ways to keep food and help soften the blow if food prices go up more.

Also use everything you have. Save your vegetable scraps. Some can be used for broth, I save my more hearty scraps for a dehydrated vegetable powder to add to smoothies. You are only limited to what you want to use it for. Remember the bones from your chicken? That can be boiled for bone broth. Once you get that broth you can dehydrate the bones and crush them to use in your garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...