Sunday, March 17, 2024

Working for the Crime Boss

Waking up I felt like my head was pounding and going to explode. From the little light around the room I am in I can see there is a wooden bed with a thin mattress. My chains gave me enough room to reach the bed and the toilet on the other side of the room. I did see a partially ripped up book next to it so I assume that is my toilet paper. There were two high windows and a small window on the door. Trying to stand up I felt like my head was spinning. I thanked god my chains are only on my ankle as I crawled to the bed. As I pulled myself up I felt the pain get worse and blackness took over my vision as I passed out.

A few hours later I woke up to a paper sack with food and drinks. Emptying the food onto my lap I found wet wipes and a roll of toilet paper. I also discovered a blanket at the end of the bed with a pillow. I opened the sandwich and started to eat as I heard, "Your awake good. Keep eating you need your strength. You have been kidnapped and will now be my masters new slave. You will do his bidding or you will be disposed of."

Looking around I said, "So when do I get to meet you or your master?"

There was silence to my question. Looking around I did not see anything but a toilet. If only they knew what they saved me from. At least here I wouldn't get beat for simply being me. I wondered if my family would even realize I was gone. I laughed and realized they would when their groceries were not in the kitchen and the meal was made. Wondering out loud I said, "I wonder if they sold me to you."

A few minutes later the door flew open and a man in a black suit walked in. He had an angry look on his face and said, "Repeat what you just said."

Looking up I swallowed my sandwich and I said, "I said I wonder is my family sold me to you. Are you going to beat me also for speaking to myself."

He asked, "Your not a street worker?"

"What in all that's holy made you think that I was a street worker?" I asked.

"We were told that you were only seen at night," He said. "You go back to the same building with people in and out of it. Plus your clothes are tight fitting like a street worker."

"How old do you think I am?" I asked.

"With your body type we guessed you were twenty five or older," He said.

"Sorry to disappoint you I only just turned twenty one," I said. "As for the clothes I got my step-sisters cast offs and she is a size smaller than me and I have a bigger butt and tatas. But thank you for saving me, you saved me from another beating."

"Come with me," He said.

"Are you letting me go?" I asked.

He sighed and said, "No my boss has been watching you and he was quite disturbed from what you said. We are going to talk to him as I feel he has a lot more questions."

My stomach growled and I said, "Can i finish my sandwich I have not eaten in three days."

His look softened and he said, "Finish the sandwich your eating and I will get you more."

I finished the food and sipped the orange juice in the bag. After I finished the part I was eating I said, "I will save the rest for later."

He offered me his hand and helped me up. Following him out the door we headed to a set of stairs heading to the main part of the house. My bare feet echoed on the ground as we walked. When we got to the end of the main hall the man knocked on the door. We heard a deep voice echo, "Enter."

The man I was with pointed to a chair and I sat down. He took the chair next to me and the voice said, "Look at me."

Looking up I looked into bright blue eyes, then I took in his face. He was a younger man with a stern face but you could see kindness in his eyes. He looked at me and said, "We seem to have a problem."

"No we don't," I said. "You need staff and as long as you don't send me back I will do whatever you want. I will run your house and cook your meals. Please I will work for free just don't send me back. If you do you will have signed my death note."

He got a kind look on his face and said, "I looked in your bag and you had no identification what is your name?"

"Gabriella Martinez," I said.

"Phillip Martinez is your father," He said. "He has a daughter named Caroline."

"He has a step daughter named Caroline," I said. 

"Tell me story," He said.

"My father is a horrible man," I started. "He was married to my Mom through a arranged marriage. She got pregnant with me on their honeymoon. From reading her journals he raped her multiple times while they were away and I was the result. He pretends to be the perfect family man but behind closed doors he is cruel and mean to people he cannot use. I can tell you so many things he has caused. When I turned eight my Grandfather passed away. No when my Grandfather was murdered he took over the family business."

He stopped me and asked, "Who was your Grandfather?"

"Martin McCabe," I said. "I am sure you heard of him."

He nodded and said, "Your Mom was Kimberly."

Nodding I said, "Yes she was. In her last few journal entries she stated that she thought that Dad killed Grandpa. A week later Mom went out and came back happier than usual. She said we were going to escape and to be ready. During the week she packed up a few suitcases and put them in the attic. One night my Dad came home and they fought. The next morning my Mom had a black eye and she said to herself soon Kimberly soon. That day my Dad went out to a business meeting and my Mom brought our bags down to the car through the servant quarters. She had told the Butler she was going to take me to the museum. He asked if boss knew. Mom said I mentioned it to him. The Butler nodded and called my Dad. We did as we said and went to the children's museum. She told me a friend was going to come and take our luggage and pick us up from the where we were. My Dad showed up while we were there and my Mom was surprised as he never did small activities like this with us. He told my Mom to go home and meet him out for dinner and left. We stayed for another thirty minutes and Mom told me it was time to leave when she saw a blue SUV pull up. We headed down the steps and a man with a good stepped up grabbed my Mom's purse and shot her twice. I was grabbed from behind and something was shoved in my face I woke up later in my bed."

"Do you think he had your Mom killed?" He asked.

"I know he did," I said. "When I woke up he was sitting in a dark corner of the room. He said if you ever try to run like your whore of a Mother did I will kill you to. He walked out of the room and the maid came in and helped me get ready for bed. She told me to be a good girl and keep the peace. The next day he brought home Caroline's mom with Caroline in tow. He told the made to take a camping cot to the attic and move all my belongings there as Caroline would get the best room in the house. She was the new prized child. The maid did as she was told and when I got to the attic I found our luggage and my Mom's purse. When I was called down to dinner I went to sit in my chair and noticed that the table was set for three. He told me I am now part of the staff and the maid will be training me. Anne looked at me and sneered said, What are you waiting for staff does not belong with the family while they eat. Caroline sat in her chair giggling."

Taking a sip of my orange juice I continued, "For the next few years he would still provide clothing and I stopped going to school. The news report was I perished in the robbery with my Mother. The rule was anytime someone was in the house I had to stay hidden. Then when the apartments opened Dad bought the penthouse suite. When we were moving I found boxes of my Mothers clothes which now started to fit me. He found me wearing one of her old shirts when we were moving and he went into a rage and hit me. He asked me why I would wear it and I told him they fit me. He hit me hard and said I should wear whatever I found because it can remind me what would happen if I ever run away. I had trunks of old clothes but soon they all turned to rags because after we moved I was the only staff member left besides the Butler. Now that I was older I could be out more as I did not look like the little girl he had supposedly lost. Caroline was treated like a princess and she would bring me her old weekly. Most of it I could not wear to clean in. Obviously you know of my step sister and seen how she dresses."

He nodded and said, "No one ever put two and two together."

"No," I said. "The Butler would take me to the local church thrift store a few times a year and supply me with underwear and bra's. But two years ago he retired that night he offered my father to take me off his hands. My father told him he was soft and declined the offer. The Butler passed away a few weeks later. I am guessing he was killed by my father as well to keep quiet about me. In the Butlers will he left me a lot of money. When the lawyer came to the house my father said the Butler was crushed when I passed away and to donate it to charity. The lawyer left and he beat me black and blue. Two weeks after that he called me to his office he said if anyone found out about me he would kill me. My step mother did the shopping twice and told my father I had to do it."

"Why didn't you run?" He asked.

"As much as I hate my life I do not want to die," I said. "For the last few years I could leave to go to the grocery store which by the way is a front. The staff reported that I came in and when I left with the supplies for the house. Once a week he would have step monster watch over me as I placed Amazon orders for more suppliers. She would complain it took so long and the beatings continued. You save me from another beating as Caroline complained she hated the pasta I purchased last time knowing it was my fathers favorite. Even though he like it I know because she would complain I would still get beat and told to continue to order it."

He nodded and said, "Now what to do with you."

"What is your name?" I asked.

"I am Kyle Worthington," He said.

"My father's rival," I said. 

"Yes," He said. 

"Well Kyle how would you like to take my father out," I said. "Because I can tell you I have heard your name a lot lately and he is coming for you."

***************************************************************



Gabriella Martinez- main

Phillip Martinez- Father  Caroline Martinez- Step sister

Martin McCabe- Grandfather Kimberly- Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...