πŸ‚1651πŸ‚ In Hiding (150 book series)

I had to keep my tone low when he got home. He wanted me to be a trad wife; however, he did not want to put a ring on my finger. He allowed me to have a part-time job for my own spending money as long as I was available for him when he wanted me. Thankfully, I had an amazing cousin named Annie who had a position for me to work on her marketing, website, and PR. 

The day she hired me, she sat me down and said, "Lila, I give you a lot of credit for trying to be a traditional wife, but girl, I know many women who suffer for the man and lose their own identity. When you come to the store, I will put that time on your paycheck. You will have a company laptop, which I will tell Ben is for emergencies while you're at home. You can work from home as much as you need to keep his home going. That money I will send to a separate account. I will emphasize that you can use it for anything else you want outside of work."

"I will explain things to him, and yes, I would like my work-from-home pay sent to a separate account. I will give you both accounts' information."

"Good," She said. "I have both accounts and will make sure you are paid to both."

I took my new work laptop and headed back home. I cooked a full dinner and made an apple tart for dessert when Ben came in. He saw the laptop with Pinterest on the screen and asked, "How did it go?"

I smiled as I said, "It went amazing, Ben. Annie hired me part-time. I will be handling PR, Marketing, and the website. That is my work laptop to use in the office. She had me bring it home to get used to the interface and how things work. It had tutorials I can look over. When I am home, she asked me to keep it at home in case of an emergency; when there is no emergency, I can use it for other things like Pinterest and browsing trad wife sites."

"Good, good," He said. "Now that I know you will be alright here, I need to tell you my company would be sending me on some business trips I will be gone on and off during the month."

"So I am going to sit at home the whole time?" I asked.

"No you will be going to work and you will have your own money to spend. I handle all the bills and the items for the house by giving you money," He said. "Remember, traditional wives, do not complain."

Smiling I said, "Of course."

"Now I have client meeting tonight and will be home late," He said. "So get some sleep, and I will be leaving tomorrow morning. Please pack me a suitcase for a week's worth of travel."

"Of course," I said.

He kissed my forehead and went out the door. As he left I heard a notification from the shared tablet we have. Looking at the screen, I saw a message from an Amanda that said, "Hey baby I cannot wait to spend the trip with you."

I sat down and saw him send a message, "I will be seeing you tomorrow baby."

I stared at the screen as another message from him was sent to Tricia, "Hey baby, I am on my way to you now. Do you need anything for you or the kids?"

What the fuck! How many relationships does he have going?

Now I am guessing you are probably asking yourself, "Lila, why have you not left him already?"

"That would be because he accidentally borrowed thirty thousand dollars from me and ran up four of my credit cards in the amount of seventy-five thousand dollars. He has been paying the amounts down slowly and he has only been paying the interest on the cards and loan. So now I am working on getting the money from him. He thinks I am part-time, and I am full-time.  I handle the paperwork for his side business, including the accounting and paperwork. I have been skimming off the books slowly for the last two years." 

"Now every month I call the credit cards and loan; I have lowered the limits on all five of them as he pays them down. I know he will give me his paperwork before he leaves, and I will handle everything in the accounts on his side business. Since he is leaving on Friday, he will transfer me the money for all the bills for the week. I wrote a list of the 'bills' due and left it on the counter. I always inflate the amount he gives me so I can tuck that money into my secret account. Although I pretend to be foolish, I make sure I have an out."

Bills as of 8/1

  • Insurance- 110
  • Electric- 250
  • Water- 75
  • CC1- 2500
  • CC2- 1450
  • CC3- 1200
  • CC4- 850
  • Loan- 350
  • Food Delivery- 750
  • Grocery- 250
  • Mortgage- 850
  • Bens cards- 750
  • Bens car- 350
  • Bens car insurance- 250
  • homeowners insurance- 200
  • entertainment apps- 250
  • Bens drycleaning- 200
  • HOA- 250
  • Charity- 300
  • Train fare- 250
  • Cab fare- 250
  • Uber elite- 400
  • Prepaid for emergencies- 350

Ben will transfer another 200-500 more to make sure I can handle it. I went to bed after I packed his suitcase and will remain until I get enough funds to run away.

The following morning I woke up to make Ben his breakfast and when he came out of our room to eat he said, "I sent the money to your account. I sent a little extra for you so you can have some fun while I am gone."

"Why thank you, Ben," I said. "Soon enough, I will have enough to take care of what I need."

He kissed my forehead and said, "Also, after this meeting, we should be able to pay off the loan and a few credit cards."

"Oh good," I said. "The bank keeps dropping the credit limit on each of the loans and credit cards. But I was told once they are paid off, each will have a larger credit limit set on them after thirty days."

When I dropped that, his eyes went wide and calculating for a split second. He said, "We will have to work on that. Now there are six weeks of receipts for the four side business accounts. If you can have it done by next week, we can look into all the accounts when I get home."

"Of course, sweetheart," I said.

He sat and ate breakfast with me, and I asked, "Are you excited about the trip?"

He sighed and said, "Not really. But I will be happy to come home."

When he finished eating, he grabbed his suitcase and kissed me goodbye. I sat at the kitchen table and looked over the list versus what he gave me for the bills. I saw he gave me an extra 600 for me to have fun. I added that to the secret account. 

I texted Annie and told her, "Call me."

She called me right away and asked, "Lila, what's wrong?"

"I need you to not tell me I told you so."

"Lila, you are worrying me," She said. "What is going on?"

"So apparently he has a whole ass family and a girlfriend on the side."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, he is with his girlfriend while on the trip."

"You need to get out."

"Not until I get my money back."

"Did you ever tell him about the cabin Grandpa left you in Appalachia?"

"No, I did not. I did not want him to tell me to sell it or for him to try to take the other woman there."

"Smart," She said. "Do me a favor, tell him I need you this weekend. We will drive up there, and I think she needs to be deep cleaned and set up in case you need to bug out."

I said, "Be quiet. I am going to call Jack on a three-way call, and you can have my back."

I added Jack to the call and he asked, "Lila is everything alright?"

"Of course," I said. "Annie is on the line. She has to go to a meeting out of town and she wants me to join her since you will be out of town. We will be taking a train so I will get all the bils and business stuff done while we travel."

"When will you be home?"

"Before you get back," I said. "We will be back soon."

"Alright," He said. "Be safe."

He hung up the line, and I said to Annie, "She must be in the bathroom, or he would have grilled me more."

"Okay, pack what you need, and I will pick you up after I buy the train tickets. Be ready in the next two hours."

I went to the bedroom and packed a bag. In my travel bag, I added my laptop and my records for the accounts. When I heard the doorbell, I rushed to meet Annie. She asked, "Did you ever move the money from the cabin? Also, have you kept up with the call you had up there?"

"Never took the money it is all in the safe. As for the car, it's registered and insured."

"Okay, let us get to the train station and head there. That way we can get a lot of things done the next few days."

Annie drove us to the train station and we had a quick lunch while waiting for the train to leave. When we got to our seats, I worked on Ben's first account. After I paid the bills for it and then uploaded all his deposits.






Lila- Main  SECRET ACCOUNT:23600  Account Ben can see if he asks:6500  loan: 35,000  CC1-20000  CC2-20000  CC3-20000  CC4-15000 Cabin in Apalachia

Bens 4 accounts- A- 15000 B-17000 C- 35000 D-80000

Pay bills and add deposit.

Bills- $12435

  • Insurance- 110--------85
  • Electric- 250---------175
  • Water- 75-----------45
  • CC1- 2500----------2300
  • CC2- 1450----------1200
  • CC3- 1200-----------1000
  • CC4- 850-----------750
  • Loan- 350-----------300
  • Food Delivery- 750--------650
  • Grocery- 250--------175
  • Mortgage- 850-----------700
  • Bens cards- 750----------600
  • Bens car- 350----------250
  • Bens car insurance- 250----------------125
  • homeowners insurance- 200----------125
  • entertainment apps- 250------------175
  • Bens drycleaning- 200-------------175
  • HOA- 250----------------155
  • Charity- 300--------------250
  • Train fare- 250--------------200
  • Cab fare- 250-------------200
  • Uber elite- 400----------------------275
  • Prepaid for emergencies- 350-------------250

Ben- boyfriend (Amanda) (Tricia)

Annie cousin




Comments