🩻259🩻 The Fae War - 10 book series

The war raged around us, and he asked me, "Do you regret helping us?"

I chuckled and returned fire with my handgun, saying, "And miss all this fun?"

"You realize we might not make it out alive."

Reloading, I said, "You're almost immortal, and I am a reincarnated witch. I like our odds."

"Melody!"

"Marsais"

"You are infuriating."

"Hence why I was burned, hung, or drowned a couple dozen times."

"Please do not joke about that."

A volley of magic was sent our way as we ducked behind the boulder next to us. Marsais looked around and said, "We need to get out of here."

"Where do you want to go exactly?"

"Anywhere but here. We need to live another day; our mission is over."

My eyes glowed as I dove at him and pulled him into a hug. With a flash of light and a soft pop, we disappeared. In a cabin far away from the war, we appeared in the middle of the main room. Marcais looked around and asked, "Where are we?"

"My hidden refuge."

Marcais looked around and said, "You have had this all along?"

"Of course," I said. "I have had this cabin in my family for the last 500 years. I keep a guardian on the land to keep it going until I return. It makes it useful when I am trying not to die."

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a drink. I called out, "Marcias, you can help yourself to anything in the kitchen. I am going to wash up."


















Melody- Marcais






Comments