The seven-foot demon watched the young woman on the porch of the cottage. She had been here since her Grandmother had become ill and had stayed since the elder passed away. The aura of sadness surrounded her, and all he wanted to do was hold her and comfort her. He had promised her Grandma Elsie that he would protect the girl from the family curse. He leaned against the tree, watching her tend the flower box along the rail. She seemed to sense the darkness coming in and went through the door.
Sitting on a branch in the tree, he watched the girl move from room to room. He had to explain to the girl the family curse and why he was there. Elsie had promised to introduce him to Ella before he died, and it never happened. Sighing he leaned against the trunk and settled in for the night.
Watching Ella work inside the home I was surprised when she came out and walked to the tree I was sitting in. She sat down and said, "Grandma told me about you Marken. I may have lost my Grandma but you lost a friend as well."
I climbed down and said, "I tried to save her from the curse."
She sighed and said, "You kept her alive longer than any of the family we had. Even my parents."
Ella- Main
Demon- Marken
Elsie- Grandma
Comments
Post a Comment