Chapter 1
I pulled into my driveway and noticed a few cars at the beginning. Pulling in front of the cabin, I grabbed my briefcase and suitcase. Opening the door, I said, "Hey babe, I am home. I never want to go to New Jersey ever again. At least not to a hotel with a casino in New Jersey."
Walking into the kitchen, my boyfriend Sam was sitting at the counter making a sandwich. When I walked in, his eyes lit up, and he jumped up to hug me as he said, "Hey, beautiful I thought you were coming in a bit later."
"The flight came in early," I said. "I am glad to be home."
"Are you hungry?" He asked.
"Honestly, no," I said. "I want to take a shower if I can make it there and sleep till I wake up naturally. Also, whose cars are at the end of the driveway?"
"The boys wanted to fish, so I told them they could use the fishing cabin. That was okay, wasn't it?"
"Of course," I said. "I want to sleep, and you deserve a good night of fun."
Standing on my toes, I kissed his cheek and headed up the stairs. When I went upstairs, I heard the kitchen door shut silently behind Sam. What I did not know was that the man who greeted me was not my Sam. Well, it was, and it wasn't.
See, I am a writer, and Sam is a teacher of the outdoors. My job required me to travel a bit and Sam traveled to local areas and sometimes took trips across the country. He would explain to me later on that while on a trip on the Appalachian Trail, his split personalities manifested into physical form. Sam had slid down an incline when he was on a solo trip and the first personality to pop out was Doc. Doc was Sam when he was younger and wanted to be a nurse. He knows emergency medicine and is the personality who likes to take care of the others in the split.
The next personality was Mitch. Mitch was Sam from when Sam was in the military. He remembers Sam's training like he had learned it only yesterday.
Then there was Matt. Matt was the rustic man who could live in the wilderness and be a wildman.
James is the next one. He was all of Sam's planning and organization. He was controlled chaos if needed.
Then there was Kyle. The studious one. The one who liked to read and learn.
Last there was Luke. The impulsive trait from Sam, who would start a bar fight if needed.
My Sam was a combination of all these personalities. The thing was they all loved me and wanted to be mine. The personality I had seen in the kitchen was Matt, and he had come up to the house to eat while Sam and the boys fished at our fishing house without me seeing each variation of my love.
I still was not aware of the personalities. When I was in the house, Matt had run down to the fishing house to tell the boys I was home. Sam jumped up, and Matt said, "Man, she saw me. She was getting ready to go to bed. Put on a flannel if you are going up to see her. But she said Have a good night with the boys."
Sam said, "We will let her sleep."
Kyle looked up from his book and said, "Sam, you will need to tell her the truth about us. If she sees some of us with shirts off of lack of clothes, she will see that we are physically different than you. I mean we could be your brothers, but she deserves to know the truth."
Doc said, "Abbie is a strong woman, Sam. You would be surprised."
Abbie-main
Sam- DOC- Mitch- Matt-James- Kyle- Luke
Comments
Post a Comment