Chapter 1
I pulled into my driveway and noticed a few cars at the beginning. Pulling in front of the cabin, I grabbed my briefcase and suitcase. Opening the door, I said, "Hey babe, I am home. I never want to go to New Jersey ever again. At least not to a hotel with a casino in New Jersey."
Walking into the kitchen, my husband Sam was sitting at the counter making a sandwich. When I walked in, his eyes lit up, and he jumped up to hug me as he said, "Hey, beautiful I thought you were coming in a bit later."
"The flight came in early," I said. "I am glad to be home."
"Are you hungry?" He asked.
"Honestly, no," I said. "I want to take a shower if I can make it there and sleep till I wake up naturally. Also, whose cars are at the end of the driveway?"
"The boys wanted to fish, so I told them they could use the fishing cabin. That was okay, wasn't it?"
"Of course," I said. "I want to sleep, and you deserve a good night of fun."
Standing on my toes, I kissed his cheek and headed up the stairs. When I went upstairs, I heard the kitchen door shut silently behind Sam. What I did know was that the man who greeted me was not my Sam. Well, it was, and it wasn't.
See, I am a writer, and Sam is a teacher of the outdoors. My job required me to travel a bit and Sam traveled to local areas and sometimes took trips across the country. I later found out when he confirmed it, while on a trip on the Appalachian Trail, his split personalities manifested into physical form. Sam had slid down an incline when he was on a solo trip and the first personality to pop out was Doc. Doc was Sam when he was younger and wanted to be a nurse. He knows emergency medicine and is the personality who likes to take care of the others in the split.
The next personality was Mitch. Mitch was Sam from when Sam was in the military. He remembers Sam's training like he had learned it only yesterday.
Then there was Matt. Matt was the rustic man who could live in the wilderness and be a wildman.
James is the next one. He was all of Sam's planning and organization. He was controlled chaos if needed.
Then there was Kyle. The studious one. The one who liked to read and learn. Wizard with computers.
Last there was Luke. The impulsive trait from Sam, who would start a bar fight if needed. But loved to garden.
A dark witch caused all of them to manifest.
My Sam was a combination of all these personalities. The thing was they all loved me and wanted to be mine. The personality I had seen in the kitchen was Matt, and he had come up to the house to eat while Sam and the boys fished at our fishing house without me seeing each variation of my love.
When I was in the bedroom, Matt had run down to the fishing house to tell the boys I was home. Sam jumped up, and Matt said, "Man, she saw me. She was getting ready to go to bed. Put on a flannel if you are going up to see her. But she said Have a good night with the boys."
Sam said, "We will let her sleep."
Kyle looked up from his book and said, "Sam, you will need to tell her the truth about us. If she sees some of us with shirts off of lack of clothes, she will see that we are physically different than you. I mean we could be your brothers, but she deserves to know the truth."
Doc said, "Abbie is a strong woman, Sam. You would be surprised."
Sam sat down and said, "Let me think about it."
Matt was quiet for a moment, and then he said, "Sam, none of us want to hurt her, but shirt or pants off, we are all different. She will be betrayed."
Sam looked up and said, "We still do not have answers. What happens if the Appalachians take you all back or something happens to me and you all go poof?"
Doc said, "It should be her choice. We all love her, Sam, and we would go scorched earth to protect her. But there is only so much protecting we can do if we have to hide."
Kyle said, "Mrs Maggie said we should bring her to the Appalachians to see if Abbie has magic in her. I think she is right; we need to figure out how we all popped into existence."
What they did not know was that I had discovered all of Sam's personalities months ago. I watched from the security camera I had inside a fishing statue in the fishing cabin. I felt bad that I had made Matt run as I had discovered he has an appetite. That was why, before I went on this last book signing i went shopping for all thier favorites.
I took out my cell phone and called Sam,, It was time to pay the piper. He picked up and said, "Abbie baby you alright? I just saw you."
"Yeah I am fine," I said. "Do me a favor?'
"Of course," He said.
"Put me on speaker,"
I heard a small echo hit the phone as I said, "First off, yes, I have magic in my veins. My family descends from the original magic in the Americas. Second, you all thought you could hide this from me? Third, how do you think all seven of your favorites were in the house when I left? Now you seven are staying at the fishing cabin tonight. I am going to bed from pure exhaustion. You think you're the only ones who would go scorched earth?"
Sam said, "Love?"
I released the arrow I had notched, and it landed in the front door. I saw Doc open the door, and he said, "Your message is loud and clear, Abbie. We will stay here and behave. No one will wake you in the morning."
They looked at the picture I had stuck to the arrow of all seven of them sitting in the cabin. Mitch said, "Abbie has a plan, and she is a few steps ahead of us."
Standing in the window looking at my laptop screen, I chuckled at the screen and the guys' faces. I went into the shower and soaked under the shower head. When I was done, I lay down in my bed and closed my eyes. As exhausted as I was, I never heard the guys peek in on me to check on me.
When I finally woke up the following morning, I woke up to the smell of burgers being cooked in the kitchen. Looking at the clock, I saw it was two in the afternoon. Stretching, I sat up and got dressed. I looked at the kitchen and saw they were in there having a good time.
Getting ready to explain to them what I found, I headed downstairs.
They all stopped when I came into the kitchen and Sam stopped and then came over and hugged me. He said in my hair, "I should have to told you when it happened. Are you mad?"
"Food first, then words," I said. A moment later a burger the way i like it and fries were in front of me, along with a Pepsi with a lot of ice.
After I finished my burger I said, "Sit down guys."
They sat down and I said, "So I am guessing none of you decided to follow me this timewhen I left town?"
Everyone looked at Mitch, and Matt and Matt said, "We went to follow after you and we got distracted at the river outside of town."
Smiling I said, "That worked then I will remember that spell."
They looked at me and I said, "Witch remember, not just having magic in my blood. I cast a spell to keep you off my tail in case I had something I could not handle."
Sam looked at me and said, "Abbie, my love, my wife, what did you do?"
"Nothing that can be traced back to me," I said.
Mitch asked, "Do you need a lawyer?"
"Not at this time," I said. "I will if they find her body."
"Babe," Sam asked. "What did you do?"
"After I left here, I went to Apalachia and met up with the witch that caused this for all of you. We met at a cafe a few towns away from where she lives. I also had a blonde wig on and contacts that turned my eyes green. She admitted she cast the spell of duplicity and was hoping she could keep one of you. When she cast the spell, she did not realize that all your selves come into existence with the same thoughts and feelings you have. When all seven of you came home and hid on this land, she decided she was going to come here and try to take one of you as a prize. She told me she would allow me to pick who I am giving to her. I had her follow me down a trail to my cabin. When we got to the cabin, I placed a binding spell on her and got all the information I needed."
Kyle asked, "How do we know she was telling the truth?"
"Truth spell," I said. "It is not my first rodeo."
Mitch looked up and said, "How did you have a body to deal with?"
"She decided to tell me she was going to cast a love spell on all of you and see which one of you chose her first," I said. "But before that, she told me that you all are now full-fledged entities, and even if Sam were to poof, you all are now considered a crytid. Which means I have to make sure no one finds out about you all."
Mitch said, "You're a witch. What if they find out about you?"
"With some of the churches around, I could be burned at the stake." Laughing, I said, "It would be a fun experience. The flames literally tickle, and we cast glamor to appear dead."
James said, "How did you get a body? You are trying to bypass that?"
"She threatened my boys and my husband. I took the bitches head with my sword. Don't fuck around if you do not want to find out."
Doc chuckled lightly as he said, "Well then. So now what?"
Looking at them I said, "You all need to be careful and stay on the property, As for everything else I do not know this is as new for me as it is for you all."
Sam sat next to me and asked, "Babe can I ask how you found out?"
"I have security cameras on the property. You all had me thinking I wa losing my mind until I enabled the audio."
"What do you mean we are cryptids?" Kyle asked. "We are flesh and blood."
"I am guessing that if we do a DNA test you all will have the same genetics of Sam," I said. "Thing is even siblings have genetic markers that are different. You all will be exact matches."
James asked, "So now what? We all are copies of Sam and we all love you Abbie. I do not want to go off on my own and I sure as shit do not want to be hunted by crytid hunters. We heard rumors of what they did to a gnome family in Michigan. The hunters even slaughtered the family hosting them."
"It was horrible what happened to them," I said. "My coven has moved the survivors."
Sam took my hand and said, "They are all me Abbie."
I stopped, looked at all of them and said, "We will discuss this later. There is a lot to do on the property and I need to get things togther."
Doc asked, "What is happening Abbie?"
"We are going to get the hundreds of acres locked down," I said. "We may have some guests who are in need of staying hidden. First things first, we need to secure the borders. Mitch you will like what is being delivered in the next twenty minutes.
"Doc,Use the tablet and go store to store. I need you to hop on my shopping accounts and start ordering medical supplies. Before you close out each of the sites, order food and household to go with it. We need to appear like we are getting ready for the winter."
"Matt--"
"Yes oh bossy one."
"Do your thing," I said. Scout the property and see where we can place certain crytids to where they will be comfortable. On my desk i the office there is a map of al 100 acres. Make a good detailed map along with buildings and foundations."
"James have you been to the basement?"
"No should I be worried?"
"Not yet," I said. The basement goes from here to the barn It has multiple rooms for storage and one room is a witches den. Every room but the laundry and witches den is labeled. Mitch can check the armory our with you but I want it organized."
Sam looked at me and asked, "Since when do we have an armory?"
"Yeah Grandpa left me a bunch of weapons when he passed. James you are going to build the shelving and organize what was shoved into each room. The room right inside the barns entrance is an infirmery. Doc that is your room set it up as you please."
"Kyle I want you to dive into research. These cryptid hunters I want information. In my office there is a black laptop. The passcode is my birthday it is bespelled that the information cannot be tracked. Go hacker. There is a secure chat and email to the covens network. They know about all of you and create a data base Kyle I want everything on these fuckers. The michigam slaughter killed fourteen children and six adults. They are on our kill list."
Luke asked, "What about me?"
I smiled and said, "There is a green crate in the garage. You know the massive set of greenhouses I had built last spring?"
He nodded and I said, "The one that is attached to the barn is yours. The smaller one is mine for my magic. There is one bag that is black that the seeds need to be planted in mine. That is for spells and witchcraft. The remaing is yours to start planting in the greenhouse, On the tablet Doc will be using is two sites for you to use. It is for an animal seller and a plant store. Happy gardening and farming."
Turning to Sam I said, "We need to appear as if nothing different is happening here. There is a farmers market today we need to appear at to keep people from checking on us. After that, you are to help these guys when you are not working."
"Okay when are we going?"
"After I get cash out of the safe."
Doc asked, "What are our spending limits?"
"You do not have one," I said. Mitch, your delivery was just dropped off in front of the garage."
Mitch went out the door and Sam asked me, "Abbie what did you get?"
We heard a whoop and a bunch of hell yeah's. I chuckled and said, "A full military survelliance set up for all 100 acres."
Mitch ran in grabbed me in a hug, kissed my cheek and asked Sam, "Can I borrow the tool bag?"
Sam chuckled as he said, "Help yourself."
Everyone went to look over their projects as Sam and I got ready, and on the way to town Sam said, "I blame myself for everything that happened. If you ever want to be with any of them, it's alright. Technically it's not cheating. Just remember they are all me."
"I am not sure, Sam," I said. "When do you leave for your next job?"
"I have a scout trip up in Maine next week," He said. "When do you leave for another book signing?"
"Not for a while," I said. "This month is more of a writing month."
"Then why did you give the guys a list of things to do?"
"So they feel useful, and we need to get ready. You seem protective of them."
Sam laughed and said, "Even though they are me, they seem like brothers to me. Brothers I will have to share my wife with."
"Ehh. Sam, can we table that for now?"
"You know I have said from the beginning of our marriage as long as I know about it, it would be okay."
"Do you really want to share me?"
"Baby, I do not want to share you, however, if the fresh hell you think is coming is heading our way, you almost killed me last time. Sex increases your magic's power, and honestly, at least in a weird way you are with me still or at least a persona of me."
"That is still cheating to me."
Sam took my hand and said, "Abbie its not. I do not want you to fall because your magic depletes. Keep that tucked away for now. But let's change the subject, you have a plan for the farmers market."
"That is not a question."
"No it is not."
"I am going to talk about working on my new book and how I will be up there working on it to make my publisher happy. When I mention my books people do stay away. I am also going to mention that we are having an extended fence put around the property as we have had poachers and illegal hunters around. So people do not question why we have construction or extra people on the property."
"Smart," Sam said. "When you get home, I will keep the guys away, and you need to get into the outdoor tub and soak."
"Are you going to join me?" I asked.
"As soon as I get rid of the guys for a while, yes," He said.
We arrived at the farmers market and walked around with each other. For a brief time it almost felt like Sam wasn't attacked and split. We shopped and as the sun set we headed back home with a few large pizzas.
We all say around the table and Sam said, "Hey all, Abbie and I are going to chill in our suite later tonight. I am sure you all will find something to do."
There were slight nods around the table and Doc asked, "Abbie, are you feeling alright? You look very pale."
"Yeah, I am fine," I said as dark spots crowded around my eyes. I remembered tilting to the left as everyone rushed towards me.
Doc caught me when I passed out and Sam had him bring me to our room. Doc asked if I had ate anythinng while i was out or if it was normal.
Sam had Doc sit me up and Sam pointed out the light Tatoo up my back and explained, "Guys when she depletes her magic this can happen, It never got so bad before."
Luke asked, "How does she normally recharge?"
"Sex," Sam said. "A lot of it."
Matt said, "I beg your pardon."
Sam chuckled and said, "Witches like Abbie magic comes from their inner core and sex is a way to recharge the batteries so to speak, I am guessing she cast something big before she had a body to deal with. Afew months after we had gotten together there was an attack on an orphanage outside of the town we were living. She found out it was a group of witch and religios fanatics who harmed children and killed a priest, three children and a nun. Abbie went on her own hunt. The church claimed she was at a retreat the church owned two states away, working on some PR for them. Pastor Carmine who descends from Apalachian Witches was glad to cover for her. You will meet him soon enough."
Matt said, "There is more?"
"Yeah," Sam said. "So after she came home covered in more than one persons blood, She showered and we did not leave the bedroom until she was glowing gold. Then she slept for three days. It took me three days to recover as well and make sure she was alive."
Doc said, "Damn."
Matt joked and said, "I volunteer as sacrifice."
Sam said, " No sacrifice needed as of now. Her body shut down because she has a spell going. We need to find out what that is first."
Doc looked at them and said, "Get some sleep guys I will watch the tat and vitals until she wakes up."
Sam looked at him and nodded. Doc and Sam had a weird connection. Sam said, "I will be in the next room "
Doc sat in a chair in the corner of the room reading the book I had on my side table. A few hours later I woke up and tried to sit up. Doc jumped up and said, "Whoa, Abbie, let's try to take it slow."
"Where is Sam," I asked.
"He is sleeping in the next bedroom and the guys were sent back to the fishing house."
"Why isn't he here?"
"Because woman," Doc started. "Sam has been so stressed the last few weeks and he did not sleep last night. We do not him down as well. Besides if you need to recharge your batteries, he needs to be in better condition unless you want us to help you."
I groaned and said, "I thought i had everything under control."
"Do you need sex or just physical contact."
"Physical skin-to-skin contact helps."
"I will be right back."
Doc came back in a few minutes later and climbed on the bed next to me. Taking off his shirt, he said, "Come here. Take off your shirt. It will be your bra between us but still skin to skin. Sam said it was alright."
I cuddled up against Doc and felt my batteries start to recharge. I started to fall asleep when Matt came in and switched out with Doc. He pulled my hair off my face and said, "Don't do this to us again."
Chuckling softly I said, "Okay."
Doc said, "When you feel nauseous lt me know, and we will get Mitch in here to switch out. Poor Sam is so exhausted that he is snoring hard."
"I feel awful that he is that exhausted."
"Don't blame yourself, Abbie," Doc said. "I have been trying to get him to rest for the last week. Sam is stubborn like all of us. We have to do this slowly, but you will be alright as well."
"Alright, can I sleep through this?"
Matt laughed as he said, "Yes, princess, sleep away."
I cuddled against Matt, and he played with my hair. I dozed off smelling his cologne. When I woke up in the morning, I was in Sam's arms, and he said, "Baby, do you have a spell going?"
"Yes," I yawned. "It is a hiding spell over you and the boys."
"Why?"
"Because if that bith told anyone about you, then they cannot find you."
"How is it working for you?"
"Good. That is why I am so tired; I have had pressure against the spell. I have to go hunting."
"Not until you are better."
"I will have to get rid of another body possibly."
"You need to bring someone with you. Not only for the batteries but to keep you safe."
There was a knock at my door and Sam called out, "Come in."
Matt came in with coffee for both of us. He said, "I heard you up. The rest are in the fishing hut sleeping."
Sam said, "Matt sit down for a minute."
Matt shut the door and sat down. He asked, "Whats wrong?"
Sam said, "Abbie has had a spell going to keep us hidden and protected. The reason she passed out was that someone tried locating us. She is going back to go hunting."
Matt said, "Well you better make sure she is alright before she goes."
Sam said, "Matt, I cannot go, or she will be distracted, and we have to pretend she is still here. I want you to go with her."
"Sure," He said. "You will need to be seen in town while we are gone."
Sam said, "You will need to keep her safe in every way possible."
Matt looked at me and said, "As long as Abbie is alright with this."
"Yes," I said quietly. "I am alright with you coming. You are aware there can be bodies we will have to handle."
Matt laughed and said, "Well, I guess we will be bringing a shovel and a dead pig."
Sam asked, "Tomorrow Abbie?"
"Yes," I said. "We need to leave before dawn. I will be in here most of the day."
Matt nodded and stood up, "Well, if you want company, holler. I am gonna do some scouting."
Sam said, "He is processing the fact he may have to sleep with you."
"Cuddle only," I said.
"Abbie," Sam said. "If you need to sleep with him, you do it."
"Sam i worry about doing that."
"What worries you my love? They are me so what if you enjoy being with another version of me. I say it is not cheating, so it is not cheating."
"What if the binding spell we have was passed to them as well?"
"Would that be a bad thing?"
I curled up to him and he said, "Besides right now its me and you."
He leaned down to kiss me as I waved my hand to shut the lights off and lock the door.
Abbie-main
Sam- DOC- Mitch- Matt-James- Kyle- Luke
Doc was Sam when he was younger and wanted to be a nurse. He knows emergency medicine and is the personality who likes to take care of the others in the split.
The next personality was Mitch. Mitch was Sam from when Sam was in the military. He remembers Sam's training like he had learned it only yesterday.
Then there was Matt. Matt was the rustic man who could live in the wilderness and be a wildman.
James is the next one. He was all of Sam's planning and organization. He was controlled chaos if needed.
Then there was Kyle. The studious one. The one who liked to read and learn.
Last there was Luke. The impulsive trait from Sam, who would start a bar fight if needed. Loves to garden.
Pastor Carmine-
Comments
Post a Comment