🌴1376 🌴 The Monsters Among Us (100 book)

I was finishing my shift at the hospital, and my Mom called and asked me to pick up milk on my way home. When I asked her if she wanted me to get dinner, she chuckled and asked, "Would you mind?"

I told her to go lie down after she placed the kids in front of the TV on the bed with her and rest. She said, "Thank you."

When I got into my car, I drove to the market and went inside. I loaded the cart with groceries and picked up frozen pizza for the kids to eat. They loved frozen pizza, and it would make them very happy. When I checked out, I headed to the car and popped the trunk on my car. I dropped my keys inside the car, and they bounced to the back of the trunk. I said, "Shit."

Leaning into the back of my car, I grabbed the keys, and when I stood back up, almost everyone was frozen in place. I saw everyone still and loaded everything up, driving home. There were cars crashed on the side of the road. People were frozen on the sidewalk. When I pulled up to my house, I opened and closed the garage door. I heard a loud pop and saw a flash of light under the garage door. I heard a thump upstairs and grabbed a blanket to block the window's light in case the flashes of light were what was freezing people.

When I came into the house, I kept the blanket over my head, and I started to shut the curtains in the house. Once I got all of the curtains hut I went into the downstairs linen closet and grabbed blankets to cover the windows with. I used small nails to get the blankets in place and went downstairs to the basement and my apartment to cover the windows there. After I covered the windows on the basement I went up to the second floor.

Climbing the stairs with a blanket over my head I Started covering the windows and went to open my mom's bedroom door. I opened it slowly and saw Mom and two of my siblings on the bed frozen. I said, "No."

I ran to cover the windows, and I heard, "Maddie, the light froze Mama, Sam, and Clara."

I realized that the sound was coming from the closet, and I when I opened the door, my sisters, June and Molly, were curled up inside with a blanket. I hugged them both and said, "Come here, guys, we are going to let them sleep."

Taking them out of the closet, I said, "We are going to stay in the basement in my apartment. Let me check your room and cover the windows so we can get your things."

I covered my head and went into the room. After I covered the windows, the girls came in and filled laundry baskets with their things. When I got them settled in my apartment, I grabbed all the groceries bringing them down to my apartment.

Sighing I put everything away and put a frozen pizza in the oven for our dinner. The kids asked what was going to happen. I said, "Since Mama Sam and Clara are sleeping, we will need to hide them in a safe place to sleep."

June asked, "When will they wake up?"

"I do not know, sweetheart," I said. "But we will pray that it will be soon."

When the pizza was finished, I made their plates and set them at the table. While they were eating, I told them to stay in the basement and went upstairs to Mom's room. When I got into the room, I opened Mom's master closet and dragged in the twin mattress from Sam's room. I laid blankets on the mattress and then dragged Mom, Sam, and Clara to the master closet.

After they were moved into the closet, I wrote a note and placed it on the inside of the door. The note said, "I placed you in the master closet for safety and moved your couch in front of the door. Do not look outside, Love Maddie."

I went downstairs to the kids and placed them on a mattress in my room. I read them a story, and they started to fall asleep. I went onto my Facebook and asked, "Who is out there?"

I kept my laptop open and I heard a knock at the basement apartment door. I went to the door and asked, "Who is it?"

I heard a reply, "Maddie its Gwen and Max. Cover your head and let us in."

I covered my head with a heavy blanket and opened the door for Gwen and Max to come in. Max said, "I have the door."

Backing up I said, "Drop your blankets. The windows are covered."

I saw their blankets on the ground and I lifted my blanket. Gwen and Max pulled me into a hug, and I asked, "What happened?"

Max said, "We went to the basement to find a box Mom needed with Dad's things. When we came out, Mom was frozen, sitting at the table, looking out into the yard. We saw your Facebook post, so we stuck Mom in a linen closet and blocked it with a recliner."

"I was on my way home from the hospital, and Mom asked me to get milk," I said. "I got groceries, and when I went to put everything in my car, I dropped my keys in my trunk. I had to climb in to get them and when I backed out everyone was frozen. I drove home, parked in the garage and found Mom, Sam and Clara frozen. We placed them in the master closet with a couch in front. June and Molly are sleeping on a mattress in my room."

Max asked, "Maddie, have you heard from anyone else?"

"No I have not. I have not even tried to call anyone."

Gwen took out her phone and said, "There are some reports that the flash of lights came from the sky. Some people are claiming to be immune to the light."

There was a heavy knock on the door and we all jumped. I told gwen and max to go to my room. I pulled a blanket over my head and said, "Who is it?"

The voice replied, "Maddie its mister and miss higgins. Open the door quick we need to talk."

"How do I know its you?"

There was a sigh and Mr. Higgins said, "I have been letting you use my pool every summer so you and your siblings don't feel poor. Your words."

I opened the door and Mrs Higgins took my hand as Mr. Higgins shut the door. I pulled off my blaknet and said, "You were in the basement playing pool huh?"

Mr. Higgins laughed as he said, "We were lucky. We used our keys to the jeffersons house and all four of them were frozen. We pulled a matress to the bathroom and laid them ni there with a note."

Gwen said, "We did to."

I said, "So did I."

Mrs. Higgins said, "We need to stay covered if we go outside. We did listen to the video from when the light flashed. There was a heavy sound of a engine and then we heard a pop around the time the light flashed."

Max asked, "Are you saying, Aliens?"

Mr. Higgins said, "Anything is possible considering that people are frozen."

"Are our family members dead?"

Mr. Higgins sighed as he said, "I do not know. I wish I could say yes."

There was a loud rumbling above us, and Max ran to get the little ones and Gwen. Mr. Higgin asked in a whisper, "Is your security camera working?"

"Yes," I said. "We can view it from my phone and laptop."

"Okay, kids, this is what is going to happen," He said. "Lannie and I are going to view the security camera and watch what is happening. You will stand behind the laptop so you cannot see the screen. If we do not freeze then you know its safe, if we do, please lay us together in a nice area."









Maddie- Main June, Molly

Gwen and Max- Best Friend and brother

Mom, Sam, Clara

Mr and Mrs Higgins Mart and Lannie








Comments