Opening my eyes, I looked around and found myself in a town square. The last thing I remembered was a car coming at me at full speed. Confused, I started to look at the signs on the buildings when I heard, "You need to go to town hall.
Looking at a set of stairs that led to a tavern, a young girl was sitting on the bottom step. She jumped up and said, "Are you alright? I know this can be an experience. My name is Lena."
"Hi Lena, I am Clara."
"Clara, do you know how you got here?"
"I was walking down the road to my apartment. I was carrying my groceries. I heard a woman scream and looked up as I saw a car barreling down on me. I died, didn't I?"
"You did," She said. "However, you didn't have enough karama to get to heaven, and you were a good enough person to stay out of hell unless you have a bone to pick with someone there, so you are in the inbetween."
"The inbetween?"
"Yeah, God and Lucifer wanted to keep things fair and created the in between. Come on, let's get you to the town hall to have things explained some more."
Lena walked me through town and up to a building that had town hall " written on the door. She smiled and said, "Once you get settled, we should have lunch."
"Thank you," I said as I headed inside. Sitting at the desk was a young man. Walking up to the desk, I said, "So I am new here."
Chuckling, he said, "Welcome, Clara. I am Moses, no, not that Moses; my parents really liked the name."
"So Moses, how does this work?"
"Well, you made it here, and you get a cottage in an area you like. You can work towards going to heaven, or you can stay here. Or if you are really adventurous, you can work for reincarnation."
I sat thinking and said, "No thank you on reincarnation. Do you have a cottage along a river and in the woods?"
Moses laughed and said, "We sure do, and it is up in the mountains as well."
I smiled and said, "Well, that is even better. So, being dead, do I need a job?"
He smiled and said, "We do allow people to have a job for Karma points. I see you were a baker and a crafter. You could do that with a small stall next to your cottage. Or on Saturdays we have a bazaar here in town where you can bring your wares."
"Do I need to choose heaven or hell?"
"No, we do not force you to choose. If you choose to reincarnate, go to either or stay in the inbetween; that is your choice."
"Are Karma points used for anything other than buying our way into places?"
"You can use them to secure places for parties, extra supplies, entertainment, or gifts for people."
"Oh good," I said. "What do you mean by extra supplies?"
"On Sunday morning, your pantry automatically adds to what you have in there already. Now, if you want to be a baker or a crafter, you will have them added to your career cabinet. I see with the crafting you were a crafter of many things, including yarn crafts."
"Can I get a career cabinet for both crafting and baking?"
His smile got bigger as he said, "You sure can. Now that this is handled, let us take you home. So you are aware your account has been loaded with 10,000 karma points an on Sunday when your supplies restock you will also reciee 1000 karma points. As you passed on a Friday, your home and both cabinets are loaded and I would suggest you move some of your supplies out tomorrow so you get a good restock. Your home is modeled after your dream home."
As we walked through town I saw a craft store, a fabric store, a vintage supply store and a grocery store. Moses pointed out some resturants and cafes he thught I would like as well as his favorite book store. He handed me a journal and it showed the karma points. He said, "On days you have a stall, the journal automatically tallies what you have earned. If you go to any of the stores, it will balance for you. We also have a worker at the market daily if you want to drop off wares for them to sell in your name. The worker takes a percentage; however, it is a good way to keep yourself entertained and not bored.But if you decide to do that, remember to have a bit more of that product at your stall."
When we got to the outskirts of town, we took a carriage up to my cabin. When we got there, I saw a bike with a large basket on the back. Mosses said, "Its a smooth road as you have noticed. Makes it easier to transport items to the bottom of the mountain."
I walked to the backyard and found a grill and a path to a dock and small beach. Going up to my patio I went to the door. Opening the door I went inside and found the gourmet kitchen of my dreams. Further in I found the first crafting cabinet that said Clara's Bakery in the corner of the kitchen along with a work table. Mosses said, "I would take stuff out and placing it on the baking counter."
I saw a door that had a plaque that said, the larder and chuckled. Outside the kitchen, I saw a sunken living room with a fireplace and a TV. Next to the living room I saw a room with a large table and another cabinet that said, "Claras crafting."
After the crafting room was a guest bedroom and bath. Then I opened a room that said, Clara. Opening the door I found the most gorgous mast suite. Moses said, "I can hope to say you like it. The two room you didn't see was the greenhouse and the laundry room. They are off the kitchen with the door labeled garden and clean me."
"Thank you moses," I said. "I never thought I would deserve this."
"I will let you get settled and I am sure I will see you this weekend. Even if you do not participate this weekend I am sure you will want to look around. Prices are very fair. For example a coffee rus 25-75 karma points depending on the type.
When Moses left, I went to the crafting room and saw a supply of yarn. I took all of that out along with some heavier sewing cloth. I placed them on the table and grabbed a basket to bring some yarn to the TV room along with a needle to work on a project. Going into the kitchen I went to the bakers tableI pulled out three of the four containers of flour and placed them on the table. Then I decided that I would make something to eat and went to the fridge. Inside I found burger patties and pulled them along with cheese out. Going into the larger I thnked the system and found my favorite buns and an onion. Looking in the freezer I found all my favorittes and gabbed the fries out to bake.
After placig the fries in to bake I headed to my baking cabinet and made a double batch of rustic bread dough and a double batch of cranberry orange rustic bread. Covering them to rise I placed them on the bakerscunter and made myself a burger.
Clara- main---10,000
Lena- Guide
Moses- Incharge of the inbetween
Comments
Post a Comment