📚THE FARM, A NEW BEGINNING

*************************************Edited**************************
Chapter 1

Sitting on the patio looking over the property, I saw vendors arriving for today's wedding in the pavilion. Smiling, I saw the workers meet them to sign them in before they could set up. Mason came out and kneeled next to me, kissing my now-showing belly. He said, "You're up early today. Could you not sleep?"

Taking his hand, I said, "No, late last night, I noticed the date, and I couldn't sleep."

He sighed and said, "Amelia, it's been five years. Kylie and the coven have been here with the elders. You know they would tell us if they thought there was any danger. He is gone, and there is no reason to worry. Besides, the ones who are here all stayed because they love the land."

*********************************************************************


"I know," I said. "I walked to the graveyard over the fence and visited our friends. They all say that he is gone. I guess it's just my nerves and being pregnant."

Mason smiled and said, "Things will be alright this time. Besides we have less then four months till our baby gets here. Let's not think about unhappy things."

Smiling back I said, "I know. Oh I heard from Lily the story of the dead books one and two are doing fantastic. The rest of the stories she will also be releasing soon."

"See," He said. "Even more reason to celebrate. Now I am running out to the store and will be back in time to help here before the wedding and the bridal showers. Do you want anything on my way back?"

Giving a huge smile I said, "You know what I want."

Laughing he said, "A large chick fila fries, and a vegetarian burrito from Miguel's extra sour cream and guacamole."

"Do not forget my strawberry lemonade," I called out as he went to his car. 

Getting out of the chair I walked over to the pavilion and greeted the vendors I know and got cards for the new vendors coming in. Walking over to the barn I opened the doors and heard, "Amelia we got the windows do not be over doing it."

Looking over my shoulder I saw Grace my assistant come over and she instructed two of the workers to open the windows. I asked, "How are the preparations in the event room and out here going?"

"Good," She said. "The event rooms only has the bridal shower today and then we have the bridal shower in here and the pavilion wedding. I will let you know that the Mom of the groom for the wedding is upset we do not offer rooms for the groom to get ready here."

Sighing I asked, "Did you tell her that was an option and the bridal party declined and it is in the contract from the start?"

"I did," She said. "She said that we should have offered your private home and she will speak with you when she gets here. Don't worry I will handle it."

"Well remind her when the bride and groom did their walk around," I said. "We did tell them they could rent an additional room inside the event room building at an additional charge for the evening. But they both insisted on getting ready else where."

Grace said, "Got it."

We saw a car pull in and a young man and his mother got out. Walking over to her I asked, "Can I help you?"

"I am here to speak to you about my son's wedding today," She said. 

"Mom, Dan and Kate said not to do this," The young man said.

"Oh," I said. "Your the one who got mad that there is no rooms for the groom and groomsmen to relax in."

"Yes," She said. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing," I said. "When Dan and Kate came to book the venue we did offer a room in the event rooms building to get ready for either the bride or the groom or both. They declined the offer as it was not what they wanted. When we confirmed the arrangements two weeks ago I did remind them we had two rooms still available at additional costs and they reconfirmed its not what they wanted. So is there anything else?"

"I want to speak with your manager," She said.

"I am the owner," I said. "Now if you do not leave and not come back till the wedding I will be forced to bother Dan or Kate you do not want that do you?"

The younger man turned and said, "I am so sorry she wanted to start trouble Dan and Kate are excited about being married here. Our mother is being unreasonable because its not how she wants things done."

Nodding I said, "It's alright. Your brother and Kate are valued clients. Both the bridal shower and stag party were held here. We hope to provide many services for years to come."

The younger man nodded and said, "Come on Mom you do not want to upset Dan or he will ban you from the wedding."

After they left Grace whistled and said, "Man I thought my Mother in law was a Karen. What are you going to do?"

"Nothing," I said. "Kate was worried her mother in law would try things. I do not want to stress her on her wedding day. But let security know to keep an eye on things to have the day go smoothly."

Grace nodded and said, "I will get the team working the wedding up to speed."

Nodding I said, "Good. I will be floating between all the events today checking in. I will be watching the wedding and I know the other events are small or very family oriented."

"Well then let's feed you and the baby so you have energy," Mason said coming up to me with a bag of food. Handing a second one to Grace he said, "Your favorite spicey chicken and thank you for taking on so much while Amelia is supposed to be resting."

Grace smiled and said, "Thank you Mason. Now I don't have to call Carrie to bring me food before the events start."

Smiling I said, "Now you can eat and call her to chat. Give her our best."

Mason put his arm around my waist an we walked towards the house. I asked, "How did it go at the store?"

"It went alright," He said. "Grandma is having issues with the stairs. Dad is suggesting she get one of the chair lifts that install but honestly I am not sure the walls can handle it."

"We need to figure out what to do," I said. "Since Mack passed she said she will not leave the shop. That shop is a legend in the beach area and it goes to you and you Dad. I know both of you will run it if anything happened to Connie. I would invite her to stay here but you know she only comes out here in small spurts."



Grace- assistant (Carrie Wife)
Cx- Dan and Kate







Comments