Friday, November 29, 2019

Living History

I am a Witch and today I stand trial for that fact. The year of the lord 1421 in a little hamlet that people will one day know as Florida I am to be hanged for Witchcraft. My eyes scan the crowd and to the back, I see the face of my husband hidden under a heavy cloak. We had been married secretly just a month when I was picked up for Witchcraft. His brother next to him is hidden under a similar cloak. I caught my husband's eyes and shook my head warning him not to do anything foolish. I saw his head bow and tears form in his eyes as he nodded in agreement. I was pushed forward to the end of the platform.

"This woman Abigail May has been arrested and tried for Witchcraft. She is to be hanged for her crime against the church and being an unholy woman. What say you, Witch?" The priest decreed.

I raised my head defiantly. "I was never tried and the only reason you arrested me for Witchcraft is because I refused to sell you my land. I promise all who are here today that pain and suffering will fall upon all those who try to hurt me and my kin. I will come back and I shall live through the vessels that will be shown to me by god himself. As for you I curse thee. Nothing shall ever grow on the land if I perish. "

The guard yelled angrily as he motioned for the trap door to be dropped. I felt myself drop through the floor as I woke up in a bed with a blue blanket. The sound of a alarm going off next to me. The door to the room opened. A woman appeared in the doorway. 

"Abigail May you need to wake up or you will be late for school." She said, "You have made me so proud. I wish your dad was here to see your senior year as well."

I opened my eyes and said, "Mom he is still watching over us. Besides you know as well as I did he would freak out if he knew his little girl grew up."

Mom did smile at that one and she headed to the kitchen saying, "Breakfast will be ready in ten minutes."

I smiled, "She seems like a good mom. I bet she never realized her baby would be a reincarnation of a  witch. Now that I am awake I started to wonder if my husband and the executioner have awoken yet."

Climbing out of the bed I stood in front of the mirror and gasped, I looked like my original self. After all these years I have come full circle. Although the clothes are different I was still me and this girl. Well, technically she is my reincarnation. I hope once I find my James we can finally be free of the executioner. I hoped James would look the same as well. If we look the same the executioner would look the same as well. As we are younger we may have a few more years to fight and run. I raised my hand and the lights flickered.

My mom knocked at the door, "Sweetie did the power just flicker for you as well?"

Chuckling I called back, "It's good mom I am sure it's due to the heat outside."

I got ready for school and found it interesting that I never seemed bored with learning. It was a good thing that the woman in this time are given an education. If only things were different when I was alive. So many brilliant and smart woman were thrown to the side and could not reach their full potential as they were born with breasts instead of a penis.

When I got downstairs with my bag I saw a huge spread on the table. "Wow mom you over did it I think."

My mom laughed and said, "My dear girl I never over do it. Besides its an important day for you. You got your memory of your past back and may see your true love. You also get to start high school again."

I spit out my juice i was drinking, "Wait how did you know?"

Mom came and sat beside me, "When you were born a woman came to me and told me what had happened in your past lives. She told me my daughter was a reincarnation and all about yours and James story. I just ask you to remember you are my daughter and witchcraft has run in our family for generations as well."

"Your not mad I am not just your daughter?" I asked. She was the first one who ever knew about my story.

"Who said your not just my daughter?" She asked. "I did not imagine i would find this out after three days of childbirth. Check your DNA your still my daughter. Your just even more unique and special. Besides you have your Mama protecting you now if that executioner comes after you here he is gonna meet a southern witch who is a mama bear. I am really good at shooting everything anyway."

I hugged my mother. All these years I was always alone and could not rely on anyone but James. Now I have a mom who will try to protect me. I chuckled as I thought to myself my mom will be a force against the executioner. I looked up when i heard her chuckle.

"What Mom." I asked.

"Well," She said. "He may be your husband technically. But no hanky panky, while I am in the house. I will whoop him to."

I laughed hard and we both sat to eat. I was after all her daughter and I still very much had to go to school. I had a family besides James and I was happy for the first time in a long time. After i finished eating I decided to use some leftovers and make a lunch to bring with me. Mom looked at me and said, "You know you have plenty of money in your lunch account right? Also here is $200 in 10's for your class fees because god only knows you will have some."

"Mom," I started. "What happens if the executioner is a fellow student?"

Sighing she said, "Sit down a second. Well I guess you me and James will be traveling. Remember sweetie his parents might not know but we do. I have places we can go to be safe I made arrangements after you were born in case this happened. You need to listen to me because this is important."

"Mom your worrying me," I said.

She softened and said, "No need to worry what I am going to tell you is my secret. I am a writer. I write everything from dramas to smutty romance novels. You know that shelf in my room full of books they are all mine. I know I work from home but they books I have been writing since you were born. Dad always encouraged it when he was alive because I was a stay at home mom when your dad was alive. When I started self publishing I was doing it as a hobby and dad would never let me pay the bills with anything i earned he had it put it away for a rainy day. Dad knew as well and he started to buy an arsenal to protect you. But we made the decision early on to make sure we had a go plan for when you woke up."

"What type of go plan?" I asked.

"We own 12 houses in 11 countries. We have multiple accounts as well as investment accounts." She handed me a card in my name and started, "I wanted to give you this this card for a long time. It's an account that gets three percent of my book earnings. The rest goes to multiple accounts for investing and savings. There is over 100 grand on that card the pin is your birthday. Its based out of a Swiss bank and is untraceable. Most of our accounts are held off shore except for my pay I get from my job. But most importantly if you have to bug out without me for any reason you get out and access the website on the back of the card. When you do it will ask you to log in it will automatically log you out every 15 minutes. When you log in it will give you all the address for all our homes as well as every account we own. The log in information is a series of questions only we will know. Each home is ready to go and has a stash of dry goods in each for immediate use."

"Shit mom," I said. "Anything else I should know?"

"Nah thats it sweetie," She said. "Now that you have enough money to throw a festival on you and know everything you have to get to school for your senior year."

I looked at the time and said, "I am going to be okay. For the first time i feel like I will be okay."

She smiled and said, "One more thing."

I gave her a look as she placed a necklace around my neck, "I know it will be a while before your magic is back. But I have mine and anyone comes after you the fucker will be bounced back 100 feet and gives you a chance to run."

I hugged her and grabbed my lunch and backpack off the counter. I walked to my car and got in heading to school. Today was going to be a very interesting day. I drove to the school and started walking towards the doors to go in and decided that I would go through my day and see what happens. I looked at my phone and I saw a message from mom saying, "I took off today if dickhead shows up call me I will be glad to step in. You better message me if you find James."

Smiling I walked into the school and went to the gym to get my schedule. I will say after all my years this senior year seems to be the smoothest I have ever been through. Looking at my schedule I headed to my art class. When I sat down at my station I heard a voice say, "Do you mind if we share?"

Looking up I looked into my companions eyes and said, "James?"

"Hey Abigail," He said. "Thankfully we both woke up at the same time."






Abigail
James
Mom- Witch


No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...