THE FARM- The story of the dead.

This new book is about the people who were affected and died in my book The Farm. This book is available now on Amazon. You can purchase the book here!

**************************Edited*****************************

Chapter 1

Mason and Lily sat at the table looking at me, and Lilly said, "What do you think, Amelia? Do you want to tell their story? The original book about what had happened is a best seller, and the readers would love to know about the souls who passed here."

"What happened to let the dead stay dead?" I asked.

Lily said, "It would be a way to honor the dead. You do not have to start with him or the family. You could start with the others."

"If I did this, I would have to start from the beginning, including him," I said. "If it weren't for him, we would not have had all this happen."

*************************************************************

Mason sighed and said, "Well you could start with Elinor and keep him as a back ground character. You never had to speak about him directly if you don't want to. Think about it Amelia you know as well as I did you love to write and now that you have to stay calm and settled you can have something to do while I am handling the day to day operations."

My hand fluttered to my stomach and I said, "Can I say maybe and tinker with the idea for now?"

Lily said, "Of course. You can also write about the weddings on the Farm if you want."

Smiling I said, "Lily you know I love you and your part of the family. Spit it out what is going on?"

She sighed and said, "I am worried about you. Since you lost the baby you have been very depressed. Dad was worried about you before he passed. He says he knows you and Mason are the hero's in the story of the Farm. But he also thinks you feel responsible for everything that had happened since you were born. That was never on you that was on Jerimiah and you cannot feel that weight. You have done so much to honor the deaths of everyone on the land. Hell even tomorrow you have the memorial vigil planned. You need to heal as much as the souls."

Mason leaned over and said, "Losing the baby had nothing to do with where we live our what we had to do. Even Rebecca has said the same thing. If you will not listen to us listen to your Grandma."

Taking his hand I gave a small smile and said, "I know that mentally Mason. It will take some time that is all. Let me think about it alright?"

He kissed my forehead and said, "Alright. Are you alright to be alone for a while. My Mom wanted help with doing inventory in the store?"

Smiling I said, "Of course. There is only some showings today for weddings and my crew has those handled."

Lily said, "I will swing by later this week and we will have lunch."

I took her hand and squeezed it. As she left she called out, "Bye everyone!"

Chuckling as she always greeted the ones who visited us time to time even if they did not appear. Standing up I looked out the window and saw both Lily and Mason leave.

The chimes in the kitchen sounded and I turned to see Jackson standing by the door. He gave me a smile and said, "Good morning Amelia."

"Good morning to you," I said. "Did Grandma send you over to check on me?"

He chuckled and said, "No but she is worried about you. I am here because I listened in on what Lily and Mason suggested. When I was alive I was not one for books so much. That was my Mom and Rebecca but I think that it would be a good thing for you. You know my Father was not always a monster. Before the war he was a good man and did so much good for the people in the area. What happened to him we do not know but it would be a good way for you to honor those who passed here. Everyone has a story and you could be the voice that tells it. The voice to all those who were related to the farm and how it affected them."

"You do realize that is over one hundred and fifteen people?" I said.

He chuckled and said, "Well its a good thing you are young and have time. You can include Jerimiah if you want or not. If you do ever find out what happened to him I would love to know. I bet you will have some interesting stories about the people who passed. Not saying you have to do it but you never know what you might uncover."

"Thank you Grandpa," I said. "I am definitely thinking about it." 

I watched him fade into nothing. Grabbing a sweater I walked outside and decided to walk the memorial path around the venue. As it passed the fence line near the cemetery I saw Mike looking over the property and he called out to me, "Amelia dear what brings you out here today?"

Smiling I said, "Gathering my thoughts."

"Well that is a good things sometimes," He said. "How are you feeling today? We all have been worried about you since your loss."

"I will heal," I said. "Mike can I ask you a question?"

"You know you can," He said. 

"Why did so many of you stay?" I asked. "You know all of you are welcome. But why didn't you cross over or go to your afterlife?" 

We sat on the bench along the pathway and he said, "Well Amelia that is a great question. For me I was a single man in life and I feel this land is my home. Some may be scared to move on. But I can tell you a lot of us love the land and are very happy here. Why do you ask?"

"Lily and Mason had suggested that I write a book about everyone who had passed," I said. "The true story about what happened here was very popular and they thought a story about the people here would be a good read."

Mike said, "Well I think that is a splendid idea."

"You do?" I asked.

"Of course," He said. "I wasn't always a hired hand. Did you know Pablo was a professor in Mexico before he came to Florida? We all have stories and who better than you to tell them."

Sighing I said, "So you don't think I would have to start at the beginning?"

"Not at all," Mike said. "Start with the ones here that are still alive. All those years we were here, all the spirits talked with each other and I am sure you could piece together a book or three."

I chuckled and said, "Well The Farm did do well. Maybe I should write about everyone."

Mike smiled and said, "Then you have your answer Amelia."

Smiling I said, "Well Mike I am going to continue my walk. I will see you later."

"Take care Amelia," He said. 

Walking through the property I saw the new garden was doing quite well. As I got to the back of the property I saw Jackson walk through the field to meet Rebecca under the tree. Walking along the path I saw some of the other spirits here and there. When I got back to the house I sat inside and looked over the list of names of everyone who had passed after being affected by the property. Thinking about who I would write about first I got a call from my Mom.

Picking up I said, "Hey Mom."

"Hey sweetheart how are you?" She asked.

"I am doing better," I said. "What are you up to?"

She chuckled and said, "I am taking a break from cleaning out the attic. I called to tell you I have something for you."

"Oh," I said. "What is that?"

"All your Mom's journals from high school," She said.

I started laughing and said, "Well it seems fate has something it wants me to do. Lily wants me to write  book about everyone who was affected by the farm.The Farm is having record sales. She suggested writing about the people who were affected by the property as so many people want to know."

"Do you think you can handle that," She asked.

"For some of them," I said. "There was over a hundred people who were affected by the farm Mom. Even Jackson agrees that it could be a good idea."

"Well sweetheart," She said. "Listen to your Grandfather then. Besides people like Mantis would be an interesting read."

I chuckled and said, "That is true. Maybe I should read Mom's journals and see what information I could find."

"Well I will drop the journals off when I come to work in the greenhouse later this week," She said. "Let me go ahead and get back to the attic while its cool outside. I love you sweetie."

"Love you to Mom," I said as she ended the call.

A few days later my Mom dropped off my Mom Clara's journals. Sitting on the front porch to my house I read through Clara's writing. I smiled as I started to read my Mom's thoughts about life and growing up. I read the journals as her writing went from that of a young child to a young woman.

The first journal my Mom started as a young girl of ten years old. She would tell stories about living on her parents Conner and May's farm. She would write about her Mom's love for cooking and preserving food. Then she would write about her Dad's love for growing plants and crops. Her childhood was that of a farm girl who loved to learn and wanted to one day live on the farm with her own family. 

As I read through the journals I read as my Mom grew up. From a young girl who loved all aspects of the farm to a young teen who loved art, writing and showing her horse. Reading more of the journals I discovered that my Mom loved the horse shows and showing off her prized quarter horse winning many shows. 


  1. Jerimiah
  2. Elinore
  3. pastor
  4. Jackson
  5. rebecca
  6. caroline
  7. paul
  8. Margaret 
  9. Lucy
  10. Lucy's fiance
  11. Mary
  12. Peter
  13. Laura
  14.  workers Mike,
  15. Sven workers
  16. Carter workers
  17. Ben workers
  18. Pablo workers
  19. Daniel
  20. Matthew
  21. Mason- Worker they thought ran off with his love
  22. Sarah- Mason's love
  23. Grandmother of a students
  24. Grandfather of a students
  25. Child 1 Sally
  26. Child 2 Mark
  27. Child 3 Gabby
  28. Male Teacher Thomas
  29. Young female teacher who was last one here.
  30. Farm Hand 1- who stood against Jerimiah Mitchel
  31. Last boy student missing Kenneth
  32. Sylvester- Mentally unstable man who went to the farm to stay
  33. Kayla- Sylvesters sister who went to look for him
  34. Traveler 1 Marty
  35. Traveler 2 Sam
  36. Bank Manager Phillip
  37. Phillips wife
  38. Penny- Woman who Eliza had a problem with
  39. Eliza
  40. Eliza's daughter
  41. Group 1 Karl
  42. Group 1 Matt
  43. Group 1 Sid
  44. Group 2 Abby
  45. Group 2 Sharon
  46. Group 3 Ben
  47. Group 3 Kayla
  48. Group 4 Marco
  49. Group 4 Pier
  50. Group 5 Pete
  51. Group 5 Stan
  52. Group 5 Beth
  53. Group 5 Katie
  54. Group 5 Kris
  55. Christopher- county worker who went missing
  56. Freds Dad fred senior
  57. Fred
  58. Mack
  59. Connie
  60. Elly
  61. Fred and Connies mom
  62. Mantis
  63. Mary
  64. Mantis neighbors
  65. Simon- Friends on Mantis
  66. Sarah Friends on Mantis
  67. Ben Friends on Mantis
  68. Emily Friends on Mantis
  69. Dad Michael
  70. Mom Clara
  71. Mom
  72. Dad
  73. Conner Grandfather- Love for plants and growing things
  74. May Grandmother- Loved cooking and food preperation
  75. Sam man who killed grandparents
  76. Vagrant who lived in the barn who went to the bar
  77. Detective Marshal
  78. Patient 1 Milly
  79. Patient 2 Vern
  80. Patient 3 Samuel
  81. Patient 4 Constance
  82. Patient 5 Karl
  83. Patient 6 Smith
  84. Patient 7 Saddie
  85. Patient 8 Kris
  86. Patient 9 Amelia
  87. Patient 10 Candy
  88. Nurse 11 Mark
  89. Nurse 12 Emma
  90. Nurse 13 Shane
  91. Nurse 14 Patty
  92. Nurse 15 Hope
  93. Missing 1 Valerie
  94. Missing 2 Patrick
  95. Missing 3 Christina
  96. Missing 4 Karen
  97. Missing 5 David
  98. Missing 6 Sam
  99. Missing 7 Carter
  100. Missing 8 Shila
  101. Missing 9 Parker
  102. Missing 10 Fredrick
  103. Fought for their lives and passed 1 Ned
  104. Fought for their lives and passed 2 Macy
  105. Fought for their lives and passed 3 Harlon
  106. Clara's Grandfather
  107. Claras mother
  108. Clara
  109. Marty- Chef
  110. Henry- Worker
  111. Madam Kareem- mystic
  112. Miss Shelly- teacher
  113. Roadie- Miles
  114. Rocardo- Animal handler who they thought left
  115. Sally- Dancer the circus thought left
  116. Paola- Witch they thought moved
  117. Maken- Male witch they thought moved
  118. Shane- Went to home on a dare never returned
  119. Ghost hunter 1 Hammond
  120. Ghost hunter 2 Mabel
  121. Ghost hunter 2 Richard
  122. Amelia
  123. Mason

   




Comments