Sunday, April 21, 2024

The Horror Within

We huddled on the front of the boat as we watched the building burn. Hearing the screams and shrieks of everyone inside broke through the night. We saw the lights from the emergency services coming up the hill but we knew that they would not get there in time and the building would be smoke and ash. The police on the boat looked on in horror as the people ran around inside trying to find a way out. The officer next to us asked, "How did you both escape?"

My boyfriend said, "Honestly sir, we don't know."

The officer looked at me and asked, "Can I ask you why you were there?"

Looking at the officer I said, "I inherited the hotel a little over a year ago."

The officer looked at me and said, "You may want to start at the beginning."

He lead us to the wheel house and we sat down with him. I said, "Eighteen months ago I was working at a small store in Central Florida and my boyfriend worked for a asphalt company. We had just pulled up to our trailer and saw a man in a suite sitting at the table we had outside."


No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...