Sunday, April 21, 2024

The Dragon of the Well

 Pulling up to the house I just bought I sighed a breathe of relief. This was real and this home was my reward for years of hard work and saving. After seven long years I was finally out of the one bedroom trailer I rented and was able to buy a home from a tax sale. This home came as is and was loaded to the brim with old items. When I went to the auction I did not think I would get it but when the house was up everyone seemed to lose interest except for me and a man in a dark suit. Halfway through the bidding he asked, "Do you know the history of that house?"

Laughing as I bid again, I said, "I don't care its in my price range if you stop bidding and I can finally have something of my own."

He stopped bidding and when the house was officially mine he walked up to me and asked, "I am not offering you more money to get it, but I would feel bad if I didn't tell you the history of the home now that it's yours."

Intrigued I said, "There is a coffee shop across the street meet me there once I get the keys from the auction people."

He nodded and said, "I will get us a table."

I finished all the legality and paid for my house. When I was done I went over to the coffee shop and joined the mysterious man. When I sat down he waved over a server and we ordered coffee. After he left he said, "My name is Donald Mitchel. I am a state historian."

"My name is Gabriella," I said, "So what mystery are you going to tell me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...