Saturday, December 22, 2018

Thanks To My Dad

I walked up to my porch and went to put my key in the door when the door opened on its own.  I took my gun out of my holster and walked into my house.  Back to the wall, I started making my way through all the lower rooms until I reached my den. There a fire had been started and the man tending it was holding my old teddy bear I kept on the mantle in one hand and had his gun raised at me in the other.

I lowered my weapon, "Hi dad."

"You still have this old thing?" He asked putting it back on the mantle.

"Dad," I said. "What are you doing here your supposed to be in South America running from extradition. Do you know what kind of trouble you can get me in right now?"

"Bella I didn't do what they think I did," He said sitting back in the chair.

"Dad," I said. "They think you blew up the federal courthouse in Tampa."

Dad laughed, "As much as I hate that court house Bella I would never hurt someone. All my years of robberies and theft. I never physically harmed a person. The people I robbed were rich or dangerous. I took away what made them either."

I sat on the chair next to him, "Okay Dad then why are you here?"

"Because Bella they are going to be coming after you." He said, " I will not allow that to happen so call your men to have me bought in as long as your safe I will go to prison."

I looked at my dad and said, "What do you mean they are coming for me?"

Dad shook his head and started to cry, "Because baby girl I stole some very important information from very horribe people. The information I stole is research and development for a biological weapon."

"Shit dad," I said. "Okay give me a second."

I walked over to the panel above the fireplace and placed my hand and the wall lifted and a screen appeared. The screen powered on and I leaned in for a retinal scan. A voice said, "Welcome Bella I await your command."

I said, " I need a conference with the office."

The screen flickered to life and Ben our office agent appeared on the screen. "Hey Bella what are you doing on your off the next few days after your trip to Peru."

"Hey Ben I am afraid none of us will have much time off. My father is with me and there is a problem. He stole from a group and the information he stole is for a biological attack. Oh and they are on their way to get me." I said, "Its code red, My dad and I are on the way in now call everyone in." 

Ben said Shit as he started popping screens and phones. "Bella your tracker has been activated be safe and dont get you or your dad killed." 

I went into the closet and grabbed a black bag and my purse. Going to the back door i said to my dad, "Come on."

He grabbed his back pack and followed me. Clicking my glasses I went into nigt vision mode and led dad through my yard and into the hedge that boarded my back yard. As we crossed through the hedge I looked back at my house and saw people in the front areas. I grabbed my dads jacket and said, "Stay close and follow me they are in my house." 

I led him through the break in the hills that led to a parking garage for the people in my community. I jumped in my black truck and started her up. We headed out of the lot and towards the highway as people started flooding the lot. Looking at dad, "We should be okay for now if they run the plates its registered to the FBI farmhouse."

"Jesus Bella who do you work for?" He asked.

"Dad I work for a group that is more classified than the CIA." I said. "Lets just say I can tell you if Aliens and the Men in Black are real or who killed Kennedy."

He looked at me and ask, "Have you known where I was the whole time?"

SMiling I said, "Dad I will be honest with you I had a suspicion of where you have been all this time but its not my job to bring you in. You are a con artist and thief and to be honest with you you keep the CIA and FBI out of my way so I can do my job. But we have heard rumors of an international biological attack and you not only found it but are wrapping it up in a bow for me."

I looked in my rear view and headed to the office. Dad was quiet for a moment and then said, "Well?"

'Well what Dad?" I said.

"Who killed Kennedy? It was Johnson wasn't it," He said.

"Really Dad you really want to know," I said.

"Bella yes who killed Kennedy?" He said, "Was I right?"

"No dad your not." I sighed. "As its going to be 'discovered' His wife and brother had him killed. Jackie didn't like the fact he was banging Monroe and his brother wanted in the big leagues."

"Well shit Bella I didn't expect that." He said, "Hell have no furry I guess."

Laughing I said, "Dad you have no idea."

"Well what about Aliens and the MIB," He asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Thats all you can share huh?" He said okay.

"Pretty much Dad," I said.

Watching the roads I noticed that there were no cars following us. I tapped my screen and Ben popped up. "Bella you got out are you enroute?"

"Ben I feel like something is off I am turning away from the office and need a extraction for two. There was a ton of people at my place but no one followed me." I said.

"Head for Icecream Bella we got ya. Whats your ETA?"He asked.

"Five Minutes or less," I said.

We drove through a suburban neighborhood and pulled up at a small mom and pop icecream shop that sat along the bank of the river. Walking in I tossed my keys to the cashier and elderly lady. The owner pressed a button and dad and I walked through the prep area. Once we got to the back door I motioned for him to follow me and we headed down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs there was a fishing troller. The captain put out his hand to us and said, "All aboard." We went onto the cabin and sat down and the Captain came in.

"Hey Bella my John is gonna sit and watch your truck. If he doesn't see anyone come check it out he is going to being it to a shop and have it checked top to bottom to see if there are any trackers or other devices." He said, "So this is dear old dad. Man your a legend. Bella did you tell your dad that we know he didn't bomb the court house."

"Well Sam I didn't get that far yet." I said.

Dad stood up and shook Sam's hand, "My name is Mark. Thank You for updating me on that."

We went up the river in the boat and soon pulled up to a fishing dock. Sam radioed stating they had a delivery and when we got off the boat there was a SUV waiting for us. We loaded in and climbed in the back. The driver turned and said, "Bella we sent a team to your house. We did not see anyone but the doors were shut so we used the auto security system to set the locks and access you cameras. We did not see anyone but there is a bit of a mess."

"Thanks Mack, I was thinking of making some changed in the house so I guess the people who broke in decided for me," I said.

"Well hold tight you two," He said. "Bella you might want to get a snooze in now so we can hit the ground running."

"Dad," I said. "You might want to get some rest now because there might not be a lot once we arrive at the office."

He nodded as he slouched and closed his eyes, "Maybe a little nap."

I went to say something to him and he was already snoring slightly. Chuckling to myself I curled up and closed my eyes. After a few minutes I dozed off and woke up a bit later when Mack said, "Bella rise and shine."

I stretched myself awake and shook dads arm, "Hey we are here."

He opened his eyes and said, "Bella we are in the middle of the woods."

Smiling I said, "Your right we are." 

As we headed towards a massive tree on the ground the base of the trunk opened and we drove in. As we headed down the ramp you could see people walking around and offices with people at computers. My dad had a look of shock on his face as he said, "Damn Bella I never knew you worked somewhere so swanky."

"What can I say Dad," I said. "Growing up I knew I did not want a normal job."




Bella- Main Ben-Office Dad 
Sam, Mack-Co worker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Count Down

 We were watching TV while eating breakfast when there was a an alert from the emergency broadcast system. The message read, Our fellow Amer...