I had to keep my tone low when he got home. He wanted me to be a trad wife; however, he did not want to put a ring on my finger. He allowed me to have a part-time job for my own spending money as long as I was available for him when he wanted me. Thankfully, I had an amazing cousin named Annie who had a position for me to work on her marketing, website, and PR.
The day she hired me, she sat me down and said, "Lila, I give you a lot of credit for trying to be a traditional wife, but girl, I know many women who suffer for the man and lose their own identity. When you come to the store, I will put that time on your paycheck. You will have a company laptop, which I will tell Ben is for emergencies while you're at home. You can work from home as much as you need to keep his home going. That money I will send to a separate account. I will emphasize that you can use it for anything else you want outside of work."
"I will explain things to him, and yes, I would like my work-from-home pay sent to a separate account. I will give you both accounts' information."
"Good," She said. "I have both accounts and will make sure you are paid to both."
I took my new work laptop and headed back home. I cooked a full dinner and made an apple tart for dessert when Ben came in. He saw the laptop with Pinterest on the screen and asked, "How did it go?"
I smiled as I said, "It went amazing, Ben. Annie hired me part-time. I will be handling PR, Marketing, and the website. That is my work laptop to use in the office. She had me bring it home to get used to the interface and how things work. It had tutorials I can look over. When I am home, she asked me to keep it at home in case of an emergency; when there is no emergency, I can use it for other things like Pinterest and browsing trad wife sites."
"Good, good," He said. "Now that I know you will be alright here, I need to tell you my company would be sending me on some business trips I will be gone on and off during the month."
Lila- Main
Ben- Husband
Annie cousin
Comments
Post a Comment