Monday, April 22, 2024

In My Dreams

Have you ever seen the old Nightmare on Elm Street movies? Where Freddy gets into your dreams and uses them against you? Well I would rather deal with Freddy instead of what I dream any day. My dreams are far from pleasant and lately they have been downright horrible. Thinking about it I used to have the worse case of insomnia and now I am fighting to stay awake so I do not have to dream.

When I had my first dream I thought it was due to my lack of a love life. I used to walk my neighborhood with my dog every night for exercise and in my dream I was alone walking. There was a thick fog around me and since I lived close to the water sea fog was a regular thing. Then I heard a voice and saw a man come out of the fog. He asked, "Do you know where we are?"

Being a southern gal I went to reply and I could not get the name of the city out. I said, "Why can I not say the towns name?"

When I looked at him I noticed his face was covered in shadows. Backing up a few feet I asked, "Why can I not see your face?"

He sighed and said, "Well I guess it is not just me I cannot see your face either."

"Are we dreaming?" I asked. "Did I make you up?"

He paused for a moment and said, "Then I can ask myself the same question because I am dreaming this as well. My name is-"

He seemed to start coughing when he tried to say his name. I said, "Well it seems our dreams do not want us to know each other."

"Lets try this," I said. "I live in-"

I started to cough and said, "Well fine."

Looking around he said, "None of this looks familiar to me what about you?"

That is when I noticed I was not in my neighborhood either, Still looking around I said, "I have never been here before. I live near the water and thought I was dreaming about walking in my neighborhood."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...