Thursday, February 9, 2023

Shots Fired- Kindle Vella future Book 600 word minimum

This book will be my second submission to Kindle Vella. It will be a continuous story till the book is complete. You can view the story HERE.

"A hog roast, I never thought about that," I said. "You're right. It would have to be a hog roast or three because we did invite the entire town." We walked into the store and discussed the wedding.

******************************************************************************* 
Two weeks later I received a post from Marcus parents. His mother asked me to delay our wedding by a month as his sister wanted to go on vacation before our wedding. Marcus read it over my shoulder and I held his hand telling him I would deal with it. I walked over to the telegram operators office and sent a message very unlike me. 

When I started dictating the message Sam the operator looked at me and asked, "Miss Abigail are you sure you want this message to sound so mean."

"Sam dear," I said. "If your sister lucy got married and then your parents started ignoring you how would you feel?"

He gave me a smile and said, "Abigail lets start this."

"Thank you Sam," I said. "Mother Kissinger I was happy to get your post. But please be aware that we have been planning the wedding for months now and there is no way we can change the date of the wedding. As Marcus told you we would like his family there but we will be making no changes to the dates of the wedding. So although we want you there we understand that your daughter taking a vacation is much more important than coming to the wedding of your only son. Best wishes to you all. Your future daughter Abigail. "

Sam read it back to me as Marcus came in and listened to what I had him write. I felt his hand take mine and he said, "Well my love I will say you like to make an impression."

"Sam," I said. "I hate how your parents brushed you off and that does not sit well with me."

We walked back to the store and when I walked in a woman walked up to me and asked, "Excuse me are you the owner?"

"I sure am," I said. "How can I help you?"

She put her hand out and said, "I am Nellie Grant. Carl Phillips told me to come see you."

Shaking her hand I said, "Hello Nellie why don't we have this conversation in private. Marcus I will see you for dinner okay."

He nodded and left the store. Nellie followed me to my office and once we were seated she asked, "What did my idiot husband do this time."

"He was thrown out of my store due to calling both me and staff liars," I said. "Then he tried to start drama and state we stole from him saying he was here to deliver. I took the deliveries that day and he was never here. If he was in town he was not here. The men who were still on the porch after the deliveries came in and he was not here. You know your husband is part of the clan."

"How do you know that," She asked.

"Because Carl Phillips came here in full clans outfit and tried pressuring me to let your husband back," I said. "Lets not tell his wife for Carls safety."

Nellie laughed and said, "Agreed I am afraid of her. As for my husband I had my suspicions. But I am not concerned for him the farm is mine not his. Legally its in my name since my daddy died. What I am concerned about is taking care of my children. My husband only job was to deliver things to you and he couldn't even do that. So can we make a owners deal between both of us. I make the deliveries and you let me sell to you?"

"It will have to be you only," I said. "Your husband shows back up here I will shoot him on general principal."

She chuckled and said, "I might just do that when I get home. I will see you soon I have been taking some of the harvest and drying the goods for winter. Some of the Indian folk around here are saying there may be a bad winter. My Daddy taught me when they say to stock up you stock up."

I nodded and said, "I agree. I may have to get Marcus to get me a person to get my greenhouse in before the wedding in August."

She looked up and said, "Sean Mcginnis is looking for work. He is a good worker and fantastic with building he will charge you a fair price."








Abigail- Main Character
Marcus- Fiance
MRs. Kissinger- Marcus mom
Davis- Workers of Abigail/Free Slave
Mrs Sadie- School Teacher
Sarah- Marcus sister
Colin- Another Sheriff
Milly- Davis's wife
Reginald- Davis neighbor
Hannahs- Reginalds wife
Farmer Grant (Nellie)
Sam and Lucy- Towns people
Klan-Carl Phillips










No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...