Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Down the Rabbit Hole

 "Maggie you need to wake up." The voice calls to me, "Please, if you don't wake up we can't run."

I start to stir and listen more closely. But it was too late, I heard the voice struggle and yell don't touch her.  Who is touching who? Then I feel it, I am being lifted off the ground. 

"Please," The voice begs, "When the car crashed she got hurt.  Please don't hurt her." I know that voice. That's the voice of my partner Sam.  

"Its okay, Sam we will take care of her." I heard a woman's voice say, "You should not have hid her or yourself, you know your promised to another. They will make you leave her."

I started to wake up as I was placed in the car next to Sam. "It's ok Sam," I whispered.

"God Maggie your awake." He said pushing the hair next to my face.

"Who are these people?" I asked.

"My family."

"Who the fuck thinks they are taking you from me?" 

He chuckled, "Well, they all think that."

"Oh," I asked, "Do they realize I will reign fire and destruction?"

Someone in the car asked, "Is she crazy?"

I leaned into Sam more and said, "No just the most powerful creature in the car."

With that I snapped my fingers and the car stopped. Sam lifted me up and opened the door to the car. He set me on my feet and steadied me. He grabbed our bags out of the car and started to lead me to the bus stop a few feet away. He handed me a water bottle and I guzzled it down. I stood up and stretched and did a bone check. That's when the woman and men got out of the car.

I put my hand up and they stopped, "I would suggest you stand your ground.  You may be wolves, But I will destroy you all, if you interfere with Sam and I."

Sam sat next to me on the bench and looked up and said, "I chose her, Maggie is my mate and my forever. I will kill for her and she will lay a path of destruction to anyone who tries to stand in our way.  You have no clue how powerful she is and you all better be thankful she is one of the good ones."

The woman looked at us and said, "You were promised to the Alpha's daughter three years ago. If you break the agreement they will kill us all."

Sam looked up and said, "No Mother you promised me to the Alpha's daughter. When you asked me I told you that I was not interested and that I wanted to leave town.  I was leaving when I met Maggie. I didn't look back as she is my true mate and you can't stop that."

"So you want us all to die?" She said, "I am the head of this family and you are supposed to do what I wish."

"Well Mother," Sam started, "You have four other sons. Have one of them marry Katrina."

"Katrina chose you," She said.

"Okay," I said standing up. "Max is on his way to get us Sam.  He is bringing a full legion with him so I would suggest your mom get on board with you or skedaddle. You know how Max is when i get upset and he is going to shit a brick when he sees us bumped and bruised."

"Listen here young lady," Sam's mom started.

"No you listen here," I said as I turned. "My name is Maggie Grace, Daughter of the dead. I lead commanders and legions of the dead to fight off the monsters of the world. I am not someone who listens to someone who wants to just stop me from doing what is right.  So sorry listen here only works with the gods and deities who address me. I walk between both realms and you do not scare me."

"Maggie love," Sam started.

"Yes Sam?"

"You need to calm down babe. Look down." He said chuckling, "Max will flip shit if he sees you in full armor."

I looked down and realized I was in full battle armor. I looked up and said, "Opps."

I closed my eyes and breathed out. When I opened my eyes again I was back in my normal clothes. I looked at Sam, "Yeah that would have been a bad thing. Did you grab the armory box when you loaded us into the car?"

Sam nodded, "Not that it wouldn't follow us. But yes I threw it in your purse."

I reached into my purse and pulled out a box that looked like a bracelet box. When I opened it up I took out my 5-inch blade as well as my sheathed Katana. I there the battle strap over my shoulder. I also strapped the knife to my thigh. I pulled out Sam's handgun and handed that to him.

Sam checked the ammo and secured it in its holster, 'Thank you my love. So are we waiting here for Max or did he want us to move off the main road.'

I smiled, "He is bringing a wrecking crew to collect the damaged car and bringing us a truck. Him and his legion are on their bikes. Although your mother inconvenienced me and you from our trip at least this legion gets to play with their toys."

Sam started laughing, "Please tell me they are enchanted.  People would have full out heart attacks to see 7 foot tall demons riding harleys down a country road at this time at night."

"To be honest the people in this area could use a bit of a reminder that they are need to keep their shit to a minimum. The number of people who go past the help desk on the daily that complain are really starting to grate on my nerves" I said, Tilting my head I followed with, "Your mom best behave here they come."

Sam stood up and waved his hand to flag Max down. He got off his bike and hugged Sam. Yes, I can tell you demons are huge huggers. They walked over to me and Max swopped me up and then growled as he noticed I had bumps and bruises on me. 

"Who harmed you, princess?" He started, "Let my legion reign hell upon those who harmed you."

Sam walked up next to me and said, "Its okay Max there was a family disagreement. Everything is okay now and all we need is a lift to head to where we are going."

Sams mother started to get a look of anger on her face, "What am I supposed to tell the alpha, Samuel. When I come back and your not there to marry his daughter he will lay waste to the entire family."

Sam looked at his mom and said, "Mom 2 years ago you told me if I didn't agree with marrying Katrina to leave and never come back. I told you I would never married that self centered bitch. Maggie is my true mate and my beloved. I am not going back with you so I would suggest you saddle one of your other sons with her or go rogue."

With that Damian one of the Legion's recruits pulled up with my truck. I put my bag in the back seat and turned back to Sam.  "If we hurry we should still be able to make the meeting with the coven leaders. We thankfully had left early enough incase we decided to stop anywhere."

Turning to Sam's mom  I smiled and said, "You try to come get Sam again I will lay waste not only to you and your family but to the whole pack you claim to represent. Is that clear?"

With that Sam and I left to head to go to the coven meeting. The legion followed us for about five miles until they knew we were safe and then the bikes and riders poofed into smoke and headed back to the underworld. We continued on and finally pulled into the witches coven. As I pulled in Sabrina the head of the witches coven ran out to greet us.

"Blessings Maggie," She said, " I had a premonition something happened to you both."

Sam smirked, "Sorry to worry you Sabrina my mother decided to cause trouble. Why are we meeting with the Coven leaders."

Sabrina took a deep breath and said, "Because something dark is heading this way."

"Define dark Sabrina." I said.

She sighed, "Many people will be in danger dark. We will explain in a moment but Maggie the reason I asked you to come is because it affects your kind as well. Same as yours Samual."

Sam and I looked at each other and we went into the building. Sabrina led us to a table up at the front and said, "The last of our guests have arrived. Thank you so much for waiting."

Looking around I saw a large amount of supernatural creatures and realized what she meant by a lot of people. Sam nudged me as Sabrina took to the podium and started her speech.

"Everyone I am so sorry I was so vague on the details earlier but I did not want to start a panic. Two weeks ago in northern Maine a witches coven was attacked. 15 people were killed and many more were injured. On the news it was listed as a drug raid on the nightly news. The people taken into custody are now missing and unable to see a lawyer. We have spies in the local government and a black ops group in the government has discovered supernatural creatures and wants to experiment on us to make us tick. Even the bodies of the dead have been removed and are not being given back for proper burial. Maggie I was able to pull viseo footage and I have a few names I need you to check on to see if they are in the afterlife to get some information. We need to know what is happening."

"Standing up I said give me the names and we will head to my dads." Turning to all the creatures in the room I said, "We cannot be stupid. We need to lay low more now than ever. I will do some research and get back in touch with Sabrina in the next day or so. Everyone be safe and I think all groups might want to get prepared to bug out. I saw the news reports and I am concerned because there were other news reported like that here and there."

Sam stood up and we walked out of the meeting. As we left the meeting my phone rang, Looking at it I had a bad feeling as I answered, "Hey dad I was getting ready to head down and see you."

"Well princess I am guessing your meeting didn't go well. I just had a dove from Gabriel and his message was very foreboding. Maggie what the hell is going on,"He asked.

"Dad supernatural creatures are being targeted and if my hunch is right this started almost two years ago," I said. "Sam and I are heading back to the cabin now and I am going to pull the news articles and start getting some information. I have a list of names of some of the deceased from the last attack I will be down to locate and talk with them after we get home and get some sleep."

"Ok Maggie be safe on the way home," He said. "Send me a list of the names before ou come down and I can send invitations to speak with you. If this is as big as you think it is include names from the previous deaths as well."

"Thanks Dad I appreciate it," I said as I ended the call.

Sam looked at me and asked, "What are you thinking?"

"Do you remember the wolf pack that was killed last year up in the panhandle?" I asked.

"Yeah I remember that those poor kids didn't even have a chance to phase before they were shot. I always thought there was something off about that," He said. "Do you think that there was something more to it."

"Do you remember the farmer who saw them and took a shit to scare them," I said. "Sam that guy was squinting to look at us the whole time and his wife was not much better. There is no way that they could have killed all six of those teens."

"What else Maggie?" He asked. "I see your wheels turning you have a list."

"The mermaids in St Augustine two years ago. Many of the mermaids thought it was because of a oil spill. Sam the ones that died could have walked out as soon as the sludge was  coming towards them. I saw one of the bodies and it was not from a oil spill. It was almost as if it was electrocuted. Then the deaths of the giants in the Georgia mountains. Sam you know as well as I do for big guys they are fast. That mountain slide was not natural. Their caves were literally 40 yards from the slide which means they could have gotten to it." 

Making a list of names I wanted to speak to and sent the information over to my father so he could have the souls ready for me to speak with. After I sent the email to my father I sat next to Sam on the couch and said, "After the run in with your family are you okay."

He rubbed the bridge to his nose saying, "My mom is relentless. I never agreed to the match and ran when she started making plans. I am forever thankful for running as I met you and your my true mate. This match does not override the mate bond, mate bond supersede all arrangements but my mom has fallen on the power train. I feel for whichever one of my brothers she saddles Katrina to. She is crazy."

Smiling I stood up and said, "You hungry?"

He laughed as his stomach growled and said, "Yes."

"Well your in luck I threw a frozen pizza into the oven while I was making the list for my dad. He is getting people together now to so we can speak to them after we get some rest." I said, "Did you want to stay here or are you okay with coming to the underworld with me?"

"To be honest I would love to go," He said. "Do you think I can run through the raining fields for a while to destress. I think its a bit to dangerous up here and I feel the need to shift."

"That would be fine love," I said. "Lets eat and get some sleep."

Sam went off the porch of our house and changed into his wolf as he took off running. I never tired of watching him do this. I sat on the back porch with a cup of tea as I read the reports I had been sent over the last few months of what people would call cryptids dying in odd circumstances. As these were sparadic there was no pattern but as I lifted the stack it looked like a pattern was starting to form. I ran inside and grabbed my travel map of the US i just got and put it on my wall. I started putting colored pins corresponding to the dates people were killed. I was halfway through when Sam came home.

He saw the file stack and the board and asked, "Maggie whats happening?"

As I continued to pin I said, "Sam each color pin represents a month each pin represents a cryptids murder this was sent to me as unexplained. I just sent out a call for international deaths as well. Sam I believe this is a serial killer not a government agency. Someone is killing these creatures and moving along the world."

"Wait do you mean like a supernatural jack the ripper?" He asked.

I heard a poof an Sabrina appeared in my living room. She walked over to the board and said, "I sent the birds to everyone I know and we should have more cases by the time you get back from your dads tomorrow. I also sent out a alert to families and friends to keep close to home."

She looked at the pattern and my color code and said, "It looked like whoever this is came up from mexico and went all over the country."

I looked at her and said, "The witch coven was the firsts in maine. Send a message to Molak and tell him to get the sups prepared as maine is where this creature seems to be targetting next."

Sam looked at the board and said, "You don't think whatever this is is going to try going after rock giants do you? What is this creatures endgame?"

I looked at them and said, "I do not know but I am sure as hell going to find out. Sabrina schedule a meeting here for tomorrow night. I will give an update. I sent dad a list of more creatures murdered to see if we can talk to any of them."

Sighing I said, "To be honest with you both I think that its end game if to go after the most powerful beings around."

"You don't mean..." Katrina started.

"Yes I do mean my dad, god, the arc angels, the olympians, nordic and asian gods, Drac and Morgana." I said. "I believe this creature wants a full out war."

"Why?" Sam asked.

"I can answer that," Said a voice from the doorway.

Turning to the voice I said, "Its been a long time Lady Hestia."

"Hello child I am sorry to intrude but I have heard whispers and I figured you would be caught up in this mess," She said. "You may want to shut your oven off my dear I believe you my have burnt your food."

"Oh crap," I said. As I took the brick of charcoal out of the oven I came back to a spread on the table courtesy of Lady Hestia.

"Your to kind Hestia," I said. "Shall we eat and talk."

"You children eat and I will tell you a story of what I think may be going after the creatures," She said sitting down. As we filled our plates Hestia told us the tale of the lone one. "May centuries ago there was a man who was mortal. He came to the world with a want for more. At first we did not know about him because he would sleep for hours, days, decades or centuries at a time. But when he was awake he would take from those who had what he wanted."

She stopped to sip her drink, "As much as the gods do not stay with their demi god children we still love them and sense them. Then one day children of Athena were sunning near the water. The man came upon them and stole their powers and beauty. Athena went to her children and held them as they died in her arms. She went to Zeus and Hades and demanded help against this monster. Zeus turned his back but Hades along with your father Maggie set a army to the earth to find this monster. The monster hid for a century and when he did come out this time setting his sites on some of the forsaken and your father beat him into submission and locked his soul away in a dormant volcano with the help of Hades."

"If he was locked away at the base of a dormant volcano how did he get free?" I asked.

"That I do not know," Hestia said. "But if he was released we have to find out by who and how because I saw Hades when I heard the whispers and he said he had nothing to do with it and is putting out feelers. I would suggest when you see your dad in the morning you ask him as well."

We talked for a while longer. Sabrina and Hestia left and the table magically cleaned itself. Sam and I headed up to bed. As we lay in bed he said, "Its bad isn't it?"

"Yeah it is," I said. " I am worried that he is trying to get Dad or Hades to face him and that can be a global catastrophe."

He pulled me close and said, "Lets get some sleep and hopefully your dad can give us some answer tomorrow."

We fell asleep to the sound of the rain on the roof of the house. That night I dreamt of a man standing on the bluffs overlooking the ocean. I saw him turn and then i saw his face. It was constantly changing from all the creatures he had attacked. He walked towards the mountains and disappeared in the fog. I shot up in bed and said, "The man of many faces."

Sam sat up and said, "Maggie are you okay?"

"Yeah I saw in him in my dream," I said. "He was looking over the ocean and then he turned and his face kept changing. I couldn't follow him as he headed towards the mountains."

Sam asked, "Maggie you saw the mountains from the bluff's?"

"Yeah," I said. "There was fog between the but I could tell its land."

Sam jumped up and said, "We need to call the council that is the Canadian Maine border. There are wolves, trolls, goblins, and fay in that region."

We each grabbed a phone and started to make calls. I stopped cold and said, "Sam there is training grounds for the demons in that area as well."

He tossed me my jacket and said, "Go now. Tell your Dad."

I ran outside and cast the enchantment so the portal would open. When it appeared I ran to Dads office busting in and said, "The Main training grounds do we have troops there?"

He and Cthulhu jumped up and grabbed my arms while I caught my breath. Dad said, "Yes Maggie we bot have troops there this week."

"Call them back NOW," I yelled. "Don't wait do it or it will be to late."

Cthulhu looked at my Dad and made the call. He knelt down in front of me and asked, "Maggie what's wrong."

"It's the Lone One he is there," I said. "He is the one who is killing the supernatural creatures."

Cthulhu looked at me and said, "Maggie are you 100 percent sure its him? Your Dad and Hades put him in a cell and threw away the key."

Sitting down I said, "Lady Hestia visited me last night. She said she spoke to Hades and he is putting out feelers but I was to speak with you when I got here."

Cthulhu looked at Dad and said, "Lucifer you know we can't stop him the way you did last time. There is to many innocent people out there now. We need to talk to Hades."

"Maggie I swear you are faster than anyone I know,"' Hades said from the door. "She didn't notice I was on my way to you. She is right though, the lone one awoke and someone busted him out. Cerberus and I went to the volcano and his chamber was busted open."



Maggie-Self  Sam-Mate Max-Undeadcommander Mother  Katrina-alphaintended Damian-recruit

Sabrina-Coven leader

Hestia- Goddess of the hearth -Story of the lone one

Cthulhu


8/15/2023Witch attack maine-  6/1/2023 Mermaid Massacre- Florida  6/5/2023 Giant killing georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...