Friday, January 27, 2023

War At Home

 There is a war coming. The 2019 election has started a unrest in this country. New president has gone into dictator mode and the people that are scared of him have a very big right to be. Instead of having a country where everyone is United there seems to be different factions forming because of these factions the unrest has gotten so bad that the government has implemented martial law.  What's worse in some areas the government has issued mandates to all Able Body working men has now come out and work in farm camps and labor camps in order to help provide the government a steady source of food and weapons

The government doesn't care who you are or how old you are if your male you had to go there's an uprising against this for the men that were disabled or elderly and the government started relenting however for some men it was already too late that is where the story starts.

My boyfriend was forced to go to a labor camp about 20 minutes from where we live at first they let him come home every night and go back in the mornings they were given a wage. I worked from home it didn't really matter I drive him to the camp and pick him up at night along with a lot of the other wives and girlfriends then the government decided that the able-bodied men need to stay at the Work Camp and bunk houses had been implemented however once every few days a girlfriend or wife could come visit. 

My boyfiend was very angry because he cannot come with meet any of the visits he cannot be there for me when he needed to be there thankfully is father has came to stay with me why is it Insurrection that started his father had physical limitations I was not able to work at the work camps so he was considered one of us ladies.  That was another way the Government tried getting it back at the gentleman if you are unable to work you are no more held in any class then a lady was Women's Rights was thrown out the window. It was a weekend at me and my boyfriend's father went to go visit him at the camp when settled our time and make sure that we were able to get in when we pulled up there was a big sign on the gates no admittance I walked up to the gate and start pounding on it a guard came and told me if I didn't leave I was going to be shot.

At the same time my boyfriend's brother girlfriend pulled up with hersons she asked me if I knew what was going on and I said they're not there the thing is when these men were taken in they were no longer allowed to have their cell phones there are no longer allowed to email there's no sense of communication I know a lot of people in the County government so I sent everyone back to my house and took off over to the government seat I wasn't the only lady that thought that when we get there there she was sitting there crying she said even she didn't know where her husband was she told us ladies she's going to try to get any answers but she doesn't have much hope in it.

I sat outside the gates to the camp waiting for one of those officials to come out when I did I stood up and asked him what they did with our men differential told me I need to leave I gently reminded him of who I was and told him I'm going public with this and few hours I want answers now he had told me that the men have been moved to a different camp and that's all that we are allowed to know the next day I came back to the camp all the tents and all the buildings have been taken down overnight it was just an empty field

I walk through the field to the tree that me and my boyfriend was sit under a lot when we were there and sticking out underneath the bark from a route was a note addressed to me and inside there was just two words find us I know at least he was alive so where he was God only knows that night I went to see the mayor now before anyone thinks oh you must think her high-and-mighty you know the mayor know I went to school with the mayor the matter was a friend from high school days and we still visit regularly as am a writer then they are always was the first to call me for a article that we get posted not only on my blog but in National papers

I told her about the note and the words find us she became more scared her husband was in a spring chicken anymore and she was afraid that his health would become worst my boyfriend also has some health concerns and the fact that they took the men and we're not letting us know where they were scared me even more

We decided to do something radical we decided to go live on my blog and across social media Outlets public and private report what was going on we set up an interview in her office and started going live on our interview exactly midnight that night

Explain in case the guys were listening that we have no clue where they are but we are coming to find them and that we love him very much and at the end I did my balls vs move ever I looked right into the camera and said mr. President I know you're going to see this I'm going to make sure you're going to see this you took my partner my boyfriend the man I love so help me God there is not a stone that's not going to be turned over when I'm finished and if you want to come after me come find me because when this is over I'm going into hiding and I am not going to leave any secrets quiet.

After that the mayor and I and our camera person all took off in separate cars from her office I decided to go down park my car and hide a few blocks from the office not 20 minutes later the building was swarmed by the police and military apparently mr. President had indeed seen my podcast and he had indeed seen our interview and he understood that he'll was coming for him however I wasn't careful enough being hidden and there was a knock at my window it was my friend Mac he works for the police force and he climbed into the car and told me to be quiet and just listen just playing both sides of the field so he can try getting his brother and dad back

"Melody you need to be careful you sure did stir the pot." He said.

"Max something has to be done," I said. "Plus I needed to know how deep this got."

"Listen they are taking everyone north to work camps along the water in citrus county. They are saying something about mining for some kind of ore that is special. I don't get it but the government is being really hush-hush about who they are doing this for." Max said, "There are even rumors that they will be adding criminals to the work crews as well soon."

"Max have you seen anyone who was taken?" I asked.

"Sorry kid I have not seen James yet. If I do see him I will tell him your causing trouble and you miss him." Max said, "Thats about right correct?"

I laughed, "Sure is. Max I will get our family home. I will also make sure I find out what's going on."

"Well Mel," Max Sighed. "If anyone can figure this out I am sure you can."

Thankfully I have been using James car. After max left i waited to make sure i would have no more unexpected guests and then headed back to the grocery store. After i put on my blond wig and some makeup I didn't look like myself at all. Thankfully walmart was back to a 24 hr business and I went about buying my groceries and supplies needed for the family compound.  Even if someone was following me I would lose them once we got to the family compound as we have to travel in a mile on a sports cart. 

I did however keep my head down while shopping and picked up stuff that would make me look like a random mom getting out after the kids went to bed.  I grabbed everything I needed and loaded the back of my car. After i got home I started to put everything away. Why would they be having the men mine ore on the water in citrus county. There is nothing different in the land there than there is at the mines where we live. Or is there? 

I opened up the emergency bug out door and headed downstairs. It took James and I almost a yer to get this bunker made and it would take a lot for someone to find it.  Its underground 18 feet. It is completely lined with concreate bricks as well as steel that should prevent any radioactive fall out. There are 6 emergency exits in the bunker along with 2 water purification systems, air systems, and access t osolar panels that are not only set up on the roof of the cottage but the barn as well as the chicken coop. When you go to the bottom of the stairs you will see my laundry room and full pantry including 2 standing freezers as well as 1 upright freezers. You will also see shelves of canned goods. Immediately at the bottom of the stairs you will see a built-in shelving unit. While the shelving unit is real its also the door to our hidden bunker. inside our bunker you will find 2 bedrooms 2 baths a bunk room with bunk beds a huge kitchen and dining area. along with a room with a library and areas to sit and relax. all emergency exits go to very different parts of the property and are set up the same way the bunker is.

I opened the bunker and bought in the first few bags of groceries I purchased at Walmart. I knew we needed more supplies for the bunker as well as needed to move stuff from the shelves and freezer into the bunker but I was concerned with space and what we will really need to hide. I also considered moving the freezers right into the bunker and plugging them in. But I know we needed the house to look like we live here. So I decided to do the next best thing and ordered 3 small freezers that I could get into the bunker on my own. I set them for pick up and would get them from the local lowes in the morning.

That night I had the oddest dream I saw James mining a bunch of rocks and I heard him say to a guy next to him, "My Melody is never going to believe that there are actual aliens here and that's why they have us mining this stuff."

I shot out of a dead sleep and grabbed my laptop. I started looking up where there were stone and mining areas along the citrus county coast. Then I saw it on the map and cannot believe that it did not dawn on me before this. Pirates cove marina was dug out of limestone and another rock that the owner would not specify. We used to take our boat out to the area and one day there was a military blockade saying the area was no longer able to be fished. I decided that I would have to do a bit more research and see what more trouble I could find.

That night I had a weird dream. I saw James and his brother mining rock when a bright light shone down on him. He pushed his brother back into the treeline and he followed. As they hit the treeline the area they were mining crumble to small rocks. As they headed further into the woods his brother said, "Man Lily is going to be pissed we loved fishing in this cove. I believe this is the area were we conceived, Bradly."

James looked at him and said, "Man Melody loved coming out here to fish as well. I hope she is okay and not getting into trouble."

His brother Sam snorted and said, "Man you know Melody she is willing to take on all those ships to get you back. If I had to guess she is probably getting into trouble right now trying to get us home."

One of the Military guards walked up and said, "Listen guys you need to keep that down if you value her life. There is some Blogger in Brooksville who already made a podcast from the Mayors office and although they could not get a visual on the people in the video the person in the video said she was coming for her family and will expose everything that is going on."

James groaned and said, "Ok sir we will not say stuff like that anymore."

Sam looked over at James and said, "Yeah I am sure his lady is just at home working in her garden."

The guard laughed and said, "Guys I would never put anything against a woman ever. My own wife is pissed off she cannot see more right now. We are trying to get you to visit your families soon. Get back to the barracks and wash up now."

James smiled and said, "Sure thing Gus."

As the guys walked back to a bunch of trailers in the distance James looked back and saw big disks hovering over the river. I heard him whisper, "Melody please be careful with what you are doing I want to make it back home to you."

I woke up covered in sweat and called my sister in law. When she picked up she asked, "Whats up!"

Laughing I asked, "Where was Bradley conceived?"

"Melody," She asked. "What kind of question is that?"

I asked her to meet me for coffee and she met me right away with her mom watching the kids. As we walked the grocery store we noticed limits on everything which was odd as there is no pandemic. She said they had a full freezer and pantry so she loaded a cart for me to check out with as well. As we were in the canning isle I silently told her everything that was happening and she was shocked. She said, "We conceived Bradley on the rock piles one night while doing night fishing in citrus county. Holy shit Melody do you think thats where they are?"

"Look around Lily things are getting in short supply and there are limits on everything. I am thankful James and I have a pantry and a half and multiple freezers," I said. "Everytime I come to town I grab jars to can and dehydrate what I am getting out of the garden because something big is happening. Not including going to multiple stores. A friend who works at Winn Dixie even said that there may be a rule in place you can only purchase from X amount of stores a day."

"I do not like this," Lily said. "After this what are you doing?"

"I have coolers in the truck and I am gonna put the cold stuff in there and head to dollar tree as well as Winn Dixie to stock up a bit more." I said, "Are you all good financially?"

"Have you not checked yours and James joint account?" She said, "The guys have been getting paid the entire time they were gone."

Laughing I said, " I have just been using the farms account from my inheritance."

I pulled out my phone and I checked the bank, When James and my joint account came up I saw it was a few thousand dollars heavier. I put my phone away and handed lily my card. "Use this for your purchase and I will use the joint account."

We finished shopping and I went to head home. My phone rang and I heard the best sound ever, "Hey baby where are you?"

"James," I said. "Oh my god I don't recognize this phone number."

"Its the work line, They are letting us come home for a week if you can get to me in the next 30 min I can come home tonight." He said.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"We are in the parking lot of the old vet office on 50. How long till you can get here?" He asked.

Changing lanes I said, "Less than 15 minutes."

I headed to the location and noticed Lily was right behind me. When I pulled up a guard came up and said, "Who are ya here for?"

Smiling I said, "James." 

"Stay in your car," He said. 

The guard had me stay put and went to Lily's car behind me. After he spoke to her he walked back to the bus and for the first time in months I saw James. He looked thinner but more built. When he made it to the truck he climbed in the passenger seat and said, "Drive slow and careful. We do not want to draw attention to you. Head to the bowling ally parking lot Sam and Lily will be right behind us."

I did as he asked. He leaned down and said, "We have so much to talk about."

"Well I saw what happened at the cliffs," I said. "Last night I dreamt everything."

When we got to the bowling ally Lily pulled up next to us and James said, "Sam we need to set the alarms for 2 Sundays from now. If we are not back at the buses by noon they will send the military after us."

We all set alarms for Sunday at 9am to make sure the guys arrive early. Neither family wanted anyone arriving at the homesteads and searching the property. James and I had a more secluded place and we hid a lot more than most. We said our farewells as we headed home and them James started laughing and asked, "So what's new?"

Laughing I said, "You know shopping to stock the house and gardening. Other than that working on my next book."

"Melody," He said getting serious. "You are all that has gotten me through this. I know I do not have a ring or anything but will you marry me?"

I pulled over on the side of the road and said, "I thought you never wanted to get married?"

"Well I didn't, But being away for three months from you I realized that I do. So what do you say?" He asked. "How about Monday we go to the court house and elope."

"Yes," I said. "Lets get married. But when we get home I best get you on one knee asking ring or no ring."

After another 15 minute drive I pulled into the homestead he hopped out and opened my car door. Pulling me out he dropped to a knee and said, "You are the love of my life. Marry me."

I said, "Yes."

He stood up and kissed me and said, "I hope there are steaks in one of those bags I am starving."

We privately celebrated our engagement that night and when we woke up the following morning he said, "what do you have planned today?"

Sipping my coffee I said, "going to Walmart to get groceries and marry you."

He smiled and asked, "why Walmart?"

I said, "to get us cheaper bands for now. But they are limiting what people can buy so I stock up anytime I need something and I figured I would pick us up a nice dinner to celebrate us getting married."

He said, "well let's go to the pawn shop for rings and then Publix. They have to have a cake we can use as our wedding cake."

Laughing I said, "deal."

We started our day slow then went to the pawn shop and got a set of wedding rings and a ring James could wear when he leaves to go back to where they have him working. We headed to publix and got a cake to celebrate and loaded the cart with groceries. James was shocked with the lack of items available but still managed to fill the cart with a bunch of meat. Once we got home James and I put everything away and went to change. I was glad I had bought a cute white party dress a few weeks ago. When I came out to the living room James was in his good suit. He walked over to me and kissed my forhead and said, "You ready to be my wife Melody."

Looking into his eyes I said, "More than you know."

*************************************************************************

We headed to the local court house and it seemed like everyone had the same idea. We registered for our wedding license and a few judges came in the help expedite the ceremonies at different area's or on the steps of the courthouse. When it was our turn outside on the steps we said our vows and thanked the judge. We were about to go back to our compound when we heard, "Well it's about damn time you two."

Max walked up to us putting his hand out to James and said, "You know man I didn't think you disappearing would finally knock some sense into you?"

James laughed and said, "Well I guess I am more stubborn than I thought."

Max asked, "Did you guys hear about the blogger who said they were going to uncover secrets and take down our government?"

I looked at him and said, "No did they ever find out who it was?"

"No but the mayor is doing everything she can to find who it was," He said. "She is at a loss for information."




Me-Melody  Boyfriend-James Mayor-  Camera Guy-   Max-Cop FIL-  BIL- SIL Lily- BIL Sam 2kids Bradly

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...