Friday, January 20, 2023

Kindle Vella The Family- 600-5000 words a episode

Hey Everyone! Just an update on this story. Multiple Segments have been published through Kindle Vella On Amazon! 

Elsie stood up as we did and said, "Grace, if anyone can, I believe you and Shelly can. Just be careful. I have lived in Highlands all my life, and the men in this area do not like when you dig into things that should never come to light."

*****************************************************************
Shelly and I left Elsie's apartment and headed back to the station. When we got inside I heard Tom call out for us to come to his office. When Shelly and I got there he shut the door and the blinds. He asked, "How did things go going back to the site?"

I said, "We went out and met Babs Aunt and she shared a bit of useful information. Some which will be put into evidence in a bit."

"I need to ask you both is she saying that Babs father had something to do with it?" He asked.

"Sir," I said. "Should I be worried that someone in higher places might try to take our ability to solve this case away?"

"No," He said. "I hired you to solve them. To be damned with politics. Why do you ask?"

Shelly looked up and said, "Babs Aunt Elsie told us that men in this area do not like when things are dug up."

"You ladies do not need to worry about that," He said. "I do want to ask though, are you alright Grace?"

"Captain I am alright but I think we need to have a sit down with everyone," I said. "If pretty boy starts to spread rumors it can be bad for the force."

He nodded and said, "Lets do it now."

He opened the door and called out, "Station meeting in 20 minutes."

When everyone was gathered captain said, "Grace the floor is yours."

Looking around I said, "Who wants to volunteer?"

Everyone looked around and I said, "Shelly put the hand down. Okay so no volunteers. Lets try a new tactic who are the longest running partners."

Two officers stood up and I said, "Join me up front boys. Your names please?"

The older one said, "Mark and this guy is Vince."

"How long have you been partners," I asked. 

"Twelve years," Vince said.

"Either you married?" I asked.

Vince said, " I been married with my husband for 6 years now."

"Okay Vince you won the lottery," I said.

"What lottery?" He asked.

"Your going to take the part of me," I said. "Sit in the passenger seat of out car. Mark your in the passenger seat. I am going to sit behind you. Get ready everyone this is public record but pretty boy decided to lie about me earlier and I am going to set the truth out there."

I started, "Detective Grace reported after returning from getting evidence on the Paulson murder with her partner. Her Partner cuffed her hand to the dash of the car. She tells her partner that she does not like it and he says but Grace we are partners and I love you. You have to love me as well. I go to My commander, I said as I run to captain and said please help. Let me do this solo or get me a new partner."

Captain said, "Absolutely not Grace you are going to stick with this partner. If he makes you uncomfortable that is on you."

I stood up and said, "I went to Internal Affairs. I sent emails to all the proper authorities. Guess what happened."

Captain stood up and said, "Grace if you bring this to anyone elses attention you will be fired for unprofessional conduct."

Sitting on the table I said, "I get a call from my partner saying there was evidence found for the case we were working. I asked if he could go my little girl was sick and I did not want to leave her. She was just shy of 2."

I took out a picture frame of Ellie and passed it around, "My Partner said no. It has to be you. Thanks to you saying something I cannot travel. I went to my husband and he said not to worry he can take off the day and when I get home we will talk about what we are going to do about my future in the force. He drove me to TIA so I could fly back and forth to miami international airport. I get to Miami and head to the station down there. The commander calls me to the office and asked why I am there. I played the audio of the call from my partner. He had heard about what was going on as I applied for a position in Miami and was scheduled to interview the next week. He called my commander and barked get police to Graces house now."

"The captain sat me down as we listened live on the scanner," I said. "Hey Vince?"

"Yeah Grace," He asked.

"How would you feel to listen to your husband be killed over the police scanner," I asked.

He shook his head and put his head in his hand, "It would kill me."

"We heard everything and the Miami captain had witnesses and someone recording what was happening. We heard the officers first on site call out for my partner to come out. He screamed out if he couldn't have me then no one could," I said

"Hey Jersey Boy you have kids?" I asked.

He looked at me and said, "Yeah a boy." 

I walked over next to him, "How would you feel if your child was shot and their last word was them calling your name?"

I took out my phone and played the audio. "I don't care if she never loved me. If I can't have her no one can. Please please let my daughter go. The sound of a gun firing and my daughter screaming. The brat is my vengeance for her rejecting me. MOMMY HELP. Gun goes off again."

"Steadying myself at the front of the room, 125 officers claimed this never happened. There is still investigations happening. The Miami precinct is taking this to the feds to get this handled. They have him at the local jail and keep blocking prison. He has conjugal and full privileges. He is a fucking celebrity. Tell me how you would feel," I asked.

Jersey boy stood up and said, "I am so sorry. If you will excuse me I am going to call and tell my cousin to go fuck himself."




1854 cases- Insulin overdose between the toes?
Grace- Main Character Ellie- daughter Charles-Husband
Shelly-Pregnant officer/ Partner
Tom McGovern- Commander/ Captain
Bill- senior cop
Jersy Boy- Cop Tom
Mark and this guy is Vince

Elsie- Babs Aunt
Detective Miller-original detective.
Michael Martin- father
Remington Arts- Chicago

My old partner fell in love with me. I never once gave any type of indication that I felt anything more than friendship.  He went crazy when I turned down his advances and reported him. He killed my husband and daughter as an act of revenge. I was put on leave and it was suggested that I should find a new job as a lot of my co-workers thought I led him on. So I started a job search and saw this position and I didn't look twice. I flew up and talked to the Commander. When I explained my situation and hired me on the spot and then reported my old commander to the proper authorities.

So your cousin didn't bother to tell you I begged my commanding officer to get me a new partner? No? Did he mention the fact I filed reports of harassment against him for inappropriate behavior? No? Or how about the fact that my partner professed his love to me in front of all my co-workers and I told him I never felt that way or ever did anything to insinuate any mutual feelings? No? To the point, I was wearing my body camera and always had it running whenever he was around me? Still no? Or did he mention when a cold case I was working on took me eight hours away to Miami my partner broke into my house and murdered my husband and child in cold blood? No? Did he forget to mention that as well? Did he mention when internal affairs reviewed all my body cam footage and there there was evidence that showed I did everything I could to get him away from me and my commander still did nothing? No probably not as it's a boy's world. Did you look up the case? No probably not since you are acting half-cocked thinking you know the truth. Just admit you do not know shit but want to start trouble and sit your ass down."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...