Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Sleep Visitor!

I couldn't escape him no matter how much I tried. He visited me in my dreams and was good pure and true. He visited me in my nightmares where he was evil, controlling and demonic. Today though today was the first time I saw him during my safe time of being awake. We both accidentally turned our carts into each other as we were both grocery shopping. For a second I had thought I had closed my eyes and dozed off a split second.

We both looked at each other and at the same time said, "This can't be possible your just part of my dreams."

I froze looking at him, "Which version are you?" I asked.

He laughed, "You should talk. You can be an angel or a witch."

I looked at him and said, "So can you."

"Well shit," He said. "What do we do now?"

I looked at him and stuck out my hand, "My name is Maggie whats yours?"

He looked at me as if he thought I was going to pull a weapon out and then reached out and said, "Hi Maggie My name is Max."

"Max I need to ask you look scared of me. What happens in your dreams with me?" I asked.

"I will be honest with you Maggie, You hunt me." He said. "You get close to killing me to. But with the look on your face I am guessing that the same goes for you?"

"You could say that," I said.

"Listen I have to get shopping done and back home for a meeting. Would you like to talk about this later? I can give you my phone number," I said as I took out my business card and handed it to him.

"I will call you after 7 when I get finished with work," He said as he took the card and walked away.

I didn't realize I was shaking until after he walked away, My villain and prince was a real person and I met him in the flesh. I finished grabbing what I needed and headed to the registers. By the time I got home I had just enough time to put my groceries away and jump on the meeting call.

After I had finished my meeting I finished up the last of my work for the week and when dinner time came I logged off of work. Looking at the clock I wondered if he was going to call. I went into the kitchen and looked at the fridge and freezer to decide on what I was going to eat for dinner. I looked at my weekend to do list and decided I was going to go get a bunch of takeout to eat while I wrote all weekend. I made a list of what I was going to get and placed a to go order at the BBQ place, Chinese, Applebees and Chilis. 

I hopped in my car and headed out. On the way to the Chinese restaurant I stopped at Chick Fila and got a few of my favorites and then to burger king to get my favorite meatless burgers. I stopped and picked up my chinese and BBQ take out and them stopped at the pizza place and got 2 their ready made pizzas and bread sticks and then next door at chipolte. Then I stopped at Mcdonalds and grabbed some cheeseburgers and fries, KFC for my sides and chicken sliders that I love and picked up My applebees and Chili's since they were next door to each other. Then because I am a glutton I stopped at the local sushi place and picked up a few orders of sushi and shasimi since they do not answer their phones. 

Now I can here you now Maggie you bought enough for enough meals for two weeks and its just you. Yeah I know. I am a writer and I planned on finishing the edit on my new book this weekend. When I am writing I need something I can eat and pick on. I had just sorted all my food while munching on a cheeseburger and went to make sure all my drinks were in the fridge. I filled my water bottle and sat at my lap top ready to begin. I just started to open everything when my phone rang. I picked up and said, "Hello"

"Maggie?" The voice said, "Do you have any idea what is going on?"

"Max I really do not have any idea," I said. "Sometimes you are my prince and sometimes I barely get away from you when your trying to hurt me."

"Maggie its the same for me," He said. "Have you ever talked to anyone about it."

"Honestly yes," I said.

"What did they say?" He asked.

"He ended our engagement, took the ring and started fucking my best friend," I said.

"Shit," He said. "I'm sorry. Wait you were engaged and he just left you?"

Sighing I said, "He used it as a reason to leave me. Honestly though I found out after the fact he had a relationship with my ex best friend right after he became engaged with me. Then I could do nothing right. My job was not a real job because I worked from home. My books I write were a waste of time and made me seem like I cheated on him because of the sex scenes. Then the final one was I found out I could never have a baby due to issues I had as a child. What she about you?"

"My Grandma," He said. "But she say's that its because I am scared of commitment and that fear manifested as the bad version of you. She believes that when your the princess in my story its because I am looking for love."

"Every Grandma's wish is for the ones they love to be happy," I said.

"Oh did your Grandma tell you something similar?" He asked.

"Oh no," I laughed. "I never told my Grandma but when she found out what he did she and a few of her friends egged both their cars, punctured they tires and put sugar in the gas tank."

"Is your Grandma's name Caroline?" He asked.

"Yes," I said. "Why? Wait how did you know?"

"This is going to shock you but my Grandma is Sharon," He said. "I guess we are more connected than we thought."

"Should I even ask how you knew about what they did," I said. "I found out as I had to pick them up at 2 in the morning after they did it as Grams car broke down a few blocks away. I get a call she told me they went to a late movie and to a diner after for food like the old days. Then when I picked them up they were way to giddy. When I was driving Mrs. Becca to her house a block away I was pulled over because my ex went to leave and he discovered the damage. The Grandma's were quite convincing at being scared and the cop had me sit on the side of the road to check on Grandma's car. She actually had loosened the battery so it would not start as a cover. I had to show the officers the video feed from my house that showed me leaving at 130am to go get them in my pajama's."

"I get it you know," He said. "I was also engaged when I had the first dream. The first dream was a rather sexual dream for me. My ex woke up to me mumbling in my sleep and me saying things that were normally related to what was said in bed. She joked about it and asked who I was dreaming about. I said I did not know. She got mad at me when I couldn't put a name to the face. In all honesty I never have been to your Grandma's place, so I would never had even seen a picture of you."

"Same," I said. "When they would invite me in I would always have an excuse."

"So what do you think is happening?" He said.

"I don't know," I said. "But let me ask you something do you remember your dreams after you wake up?"

"Yes I do," He said. "The day of the first dream I started a journal. Do you remember?"

"Yes," I said. "It's the basis of a book I am writing called The Sleep Visitor."

"I would like to read it when its finished," He said. 

"To the the website Mycrazylifeagain.com," I said. "All my books I write slowly are on there. You can read my horrible rough draft version."

"Hold on I want to find it," He said. "Nice website. You should be proud of your writing I respect you for working from home and writing. As long as you can pay your bills there should not be a problem."

"That's the way I look at it," I said. "But thank you Sam. Hearing it from someone does make me feel better. I have been struggling lately with everything that has happened."

"Well I am glad that you understand that," He said. "So you know my girlfriend left me because of the dreams. The journal was kept in my bedside table and one day she went snooping thinking I was cheating on her. She read bits and pieces and accused me of cheating on her. I told her I had no clue who you were and she did not believe me. A week before she walked out with her things she started a relationship with a friend. She admitted to me later that they had been talking because of the dreams but she still cheated on me."

"I'm sorry Sam," I said. "Listen maybe things on our dreams will be different now that we know each other."

"Maybe," He said. "So what are you doing this weekend?"

Laughing I said, "I just got back from buying enough food to last two weeks," I said. "I am hoping to get more editing my next book finished. Why do you ask?"

"I was going to ask if you would like to look through the journal," He said.

"Sam I would love to," I said. "Why don't you come here tomorrow for lunch I have a ton of take out we can eat and compare notes day per day."

"I would love that Maggie," He said. "Text me your address and add my phone number to your phone. Would you like me to bring anything?"

"Your appetite I bought so much food," I said.

"Well I am going to the gym first so I will be hungry," He said. "See you tomorrow."









Maggie - caroline
Max- sharon
Grandma's friend- Mrs. Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...