Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The Farm 6*9 *****Final Edit and rewrite stage!

Hello Everyone! Slowly the book will disappear from the blog as its getting ready for publishing. I have had some people ask why but when it comes down to it, I saw some of my work being used by other people. So any completed edited work is now transferred offline till publish..

78/26----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited

Chapter 27
As we walked up the driveway, we heard the yells of the dead, "Go back, Run, He is too dangerous, Get out of here."

Mason leaned down and said, "Do you hear the voices?"

"Yes, I do," I said. "I think the spirits are trying to warn us."

He nodded, and we continued to walk up the driveway. As we got about halfway up the driveway, the ground started to shake. We steadied ourselves against each other and continued to the house. We finally arrived at the porch when a little girl appeared before us. She gave a big smile and said, "Rebecca and Jackson, you came back."

Kneeling, I said, "Hello, my name is Amelia. I am your great, great so many times, niece."

"Your Jacksons and Rebecca's Grandbaby?" She asked. When she said that, she morphed into a young woman. "My sweet niece, You need to run. My Father is a madman, and he will kill you."

I stood up as Mason said, "We are here to stop him. Can you buy us some time?"
She opened the door and said, "We will do all we can to help. Are you going to be able to stop Father? Or can he be stopped?"

We looked in the room. Inside the front room were all of Jerimiah's family and the Pastor. It dawned on me that this is also my family. I said, "I am the Granddaughter of Jackson and Rebecca, and we are trying to stop Jerimiah. We need to get in and out. We are trying to get your souls free."

My Grandmother came to me and said, "You have Jackson's spirit, my beautiful Granddaughter. We will do what we can."

As she kissed my forehead, she said to the others, "Come on, everybody, we have work to do. Stall or stop Jerimiah as much as you can."

As they disappeared, the words good luck hung in the air. Mason pointed up and said, "That's where we need to go." 

We went to the base of the stairs and headed up to the balcony. When we got to the landing, Jackson and Rebecca were there waiting. They had been waiting for us. Rebecca came up and hugged me, saying, "My sweet Granddaughter. I am so glad to meet you, but you're in danger here. You are the last descendent, and we do not want you to suffer our fate."

"It is going to be okay," I said, "We know what to do. We are trying to stop Jerimiah so you can be free." 

Jackson and Rebecca stood back as Mason and I placed the lantern in our joined hands and started to lower it as we said in unison, "Darkness flees, and light comes in. May the light of the lantern push out the dark. May the gods and goddesses hear our plea. May the magic of new and old hear our plea and drive the evil from this land. May god hear our plea. Jerimiah, your reign has ended. You are no longer welcome here. Release your hostages and be gone."

As we completed our chant and finished placing the lantern on the ground, the lantern began to glow and grow brighter. Jackson shot up. He said, "Jerimiah is coming to the house. Get out of here."

We headed to the stairs with Mason pulling me behind him. I lost his grip, and he reached the bottom of the stairs before me. Mason turned to look at me and take my hand when a look of fear crossed his face. "Amelia, Jerimiah is right behind you. Jackson is holding onto him. Come one, we have to run."

I felt the heat from hell itself coming off of Jerimiah. I grabbed the railing and pulled myself over. As I jumped over the rail, I received a kick in the stomach. I went flying through the front windows of the house. I landed in the bushes outside. That was when I heard Mason yell, "Run Amelia, he is coming for you. Go, the family is surrounding me to keep me safe." 

Pulling myself out of the bushes, I took off towards the road. I heard Mason leave the house. I yelled, "Mason, run. I got this." 

Changing directions, I headed toward the barn and the graveyard and ran as fast as possible. I needed to give Mason time to get off the property. As I rounded the barn, I saw three spirits running towards me. It was Mike and the other workers whom Jerimiah had killed. As they passed me, Mike yelled, "Go, we will slow him down."

As I ran, I heard Jerimiah yelling, "No, you're the last." 

I ran as fast as I could as I neared the fence line. I saw Mason and Kylie. They were yelling at me to run faster as the other witches held Mason on the safe side of the fence. I heard all the chanting still going on. 

I heard Jerimiah yelling, "No, you are mine."

When I got close to the fence, I treated it like a hurdle, launching myself over the fence line and landing hard on the graveyard ground. Mason lifted me and pulled me further back. Jerimiah couldn't get through the barrier of the fence to get me. All the witches continued to chant, and then we saw the light glow brighter in the house. Kylie and the elders moved us back as they continued chanting. 

I looked at Jerimiah and said, "It's over, Jerimiah. The spirits will be free, and you're going back to hell."

The light inside the house grew even brighter, and we moved to the entrance of the property. As the light grew, it enveloped the house. We started hearing the spirits trapped on the property cry out in joy that they were becoming free of the land. The chanting became louder as the light engulfed the property, and as it peaked, the chanting stopped, and the home was rubble and smoke. From the beginning of the driveway, I watched as Jerimiah cried out in fury and howled like a beast as a fiery inferno appeared around him. Jerimiah fought as the ground erupted in flames as he returned to hell.

Looking at Kylie, I asked, "Is it over?"

She looked at the elder to ask. The ground started to shake. All the trees lining the driveway were cracking in half, and holes appeared around the property. We heard the lake bubble, and all the water drained out. The elder looked at me and said, "It's finally over. Jerimiah is no more."


************************************************** 

Mason wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. Looking at the rubble I said, "Finally."

The elder looked around and called out, "Max get over here. Get over here boy. Give us about two hours to get out and then call Amelia. You know the story."

Max nodded and said, "Amelia be ready to give your best acting performance you ever gave. Remember to act surprised and horrified. Especially when you come back we need to sell this."

Mason chuckled and said, "How come I feel like you have done this before?"

Max laughed and said, "Because I am a trained demonologist and I have had a few things end like this in the past. The key is to sell it to the police and authorities."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We headed back to the graveyard and my parents were waiting on the bench. When they saw me my mom jumped up and said, "My sweet girl you did it."

My dad shook Mason hand and said, "If you ever want to marry our daughter know you have our blessing."

Mason said, "Thank You sir."

Dad turned us to the jeep and he said, "I want us to spend time with you but you need to follow up to get all the souls accounted for."

They hugged us as Mason opened the door and mom said, "Tell your parents we said thank you and we love and miss them. I can't say if we will ever see you again but we have loved you since the day we found out I was having you. We will always be with you."

I climbed in and Mason joined me. We drove off and headed towards his Aunts home. When we far enough away I pulled over and just cried. Mason held me until I stopped and we continued onto Connie's. While on the way I joked I was starving. He laughed and we pulled into Wendy's and got everyone food. We drove to Connie's shop and I finally looked at the clock. I said, "Mason look at the time."

He looked at me and said, "That can't be right."

He called Kylie and put her on speaker and said, "Kylie the clock on the jeep say's 1am."

She said, "We noticed that after you left. All our cars and phones say the same. It seems time slowed and stopped while we were fighting Jerimiah. The elders say they have heard rumors that when things like this happen its almost as if god himself slows time and in some cases stops time so no one else can be trapped."

"We will meet up soon." She said. "Amelia be ready for Max's call."

We arrived at Connies house. Connie and My parents ran our and gave us hugs and looked over us to make sure we were okay. "We sat down and started to eat explaining what had happened. My mom started to cry as we told them of meeting my parents and passing along the messages."

My phone rang and I answered, "Hello."

"Amelia hey this is Kylies friend Max. The guy who was going to do the tree work tomorrow. Kylie said it was okay that we could camp out here tonight with your permission and when we got here the property is in ruin," He said.

Feigning innocence I said, "Max what do you mean ruin?"

"I think you need to call the police as well. I just did and they are on their way out. But the house is rubble the lake is empty and the trees you wanted me to cut back are split in half. There are also big holes all over the property." He said, "Can you come out here I am sure the police will want to speak with you and your parents."

I called 911 and said, "Hi I own the old murder farm in brooksville. I had hired a friend of mines cousin to do yard maintenance for me and gave him permission to camp on the property the next few nights and he said he called this in already but the property is in ruins. I am heading out there now but we need the police. When I drove past today the house was fine and now he is stating the house is rubble and the property is destroyed."

"Amelia we do have police enroute as well as retired officer Marshal." She said. "Shall I advise them that your parents and you are enroute?"

"Yes please," I said. "We were going to turn the property into a wedding venue. Why would someone do this?"

We headed to the farm with my parents and connie. When I pulled in we saw a ton of police cars and ambulances. Max was speaking to an officer and he said, "Wait theres the owner. Amelia over here."

We headed over to the police and Marshall was standing with the lead officer. Marshall looked up and said, "Amelia its a pleasure to meet you just not under these circumstances. Preliminary investigation thinks there was a gas leaked that sparked and created an explosion in the home. The explosion seems to have created such a blast the trees split and holes formed in the ground. Damnest thing it also caused the water to drain out of the lake."

"Oh no," I said. "Max are you and your crew okay when the explosion happened?"

Max looked at me and said, "No we arrived a bit late. We got held up on a job in Tampa."

"Oh I am glad you got held up," I said. "The thought of you here when the destruction happened. I guess I will have to have you remove the trees instead."

I walked over to a tree and looked in and saw the first of the corpses. I screamed like I was in a movie and a group of officers and Mason ran over to me. "Amelia, whats wrong?"

"There is a child in the tree," I cried clutching Mason. "This is not right the child looks frozen." 

The police moved me away and the officer asked Max is he had a saw. Max nodded and came back with a chainsaw. He was very careful as he cut the tree open more. The officer said, "Amelia I would hate to ask but can you identify the body."

As I walked over I heard a whisper say "thank you my niece. Thats me, your Great Aunt Mary."

The officers laid a tarp and gently laid the body of a child on it. I gasped and said, "It can't be."

I explained to the officers that I was jerimiahs legacy and the child in the tree was that of his child mary that he killed. I explained after the massacre none of the bodies were found. Marshall came up behind me and said, "She is right whenever someone was killed or went missing on this property the bodies were never found. When I was investigating the rehabilitation home massacre we never found a body."

Looking at the child I said, "This was my great Aunt Mary."

The officer next to me helped me up and I looked into the tree and said, "There is someone else in here."

Walking over to the tree across the lane and looked in. I gasped again and said, "There is another one." 

Marshall walked over to the closest hole and said, "We have bodies here as well." 

A officer who was over by the lake called on the radio said, "Boss we have bodies in the lake."

Mason and I looked at each other and I said, "Officer I give you all permission even though you do not need it. If these are all the missing bodies I am thankful the house exploded."

Marshall looked at me and Mason and said, "Should I even ask? No don't answer that I already know. I am proud of you kids, Especially you Amelia you would make a good detective."

The officer came up to us and said, "Amelia its late why don't you and your family head home and come back in the morning?"

Nodding I said, "Sir I am exhausted. I appreciate it and if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out."

My parents loaded into my jeep and Mason and Connie loaded into Connie's car. When we got home we said, "Good night." 

I climbed into bed and had a night of heavy sleep with no dreams. I woke up the following day and saw it was already noon. I took a shower and headed downstairs to find my parents eating lunch with Mason and Marshall. "Good afternoon everyone I was so tired after last night."

Mason got up and hugged me. My mom brought me out a plate of food. As I sat down Marshal started to give me an update, "Well Amelia so far we recovered seventeen bodies and we still have the trees to open as well as some holes. They recovered five bodies out of the lake and did a sonar sweep to make sure there are no more. They pulled who we believe are more of Jerimiahs family. Including his wife and her new husband. The thing is all the bodies are perfectly preserved at their time of death. " 

"Marshall," I asked. "Do you need me today?"

"May I ask why?" He asked.

"I have a few places I need to go. Both to St Pete as well as Crystal River." I said. Turning to my parents I said, "I need to give some people closure."

I finished my food and said, "Come on Mason we have some people to see."

We had a quiet drive out to St Pete and drove straight to the circus property. When I pulled up to the gate the guard said I didn't have an appointment. I begged him to let Mrs Clara know I am here and its very important. He got on the phone and asked my name again. I looked at him and said, "Tell Mrs CLara its Amelia and its about the farm."

He spoke on the phone and said, "She said come to the house immediately."

When we got to the house a young man was waiting. He walked up to us and said, "Hi I am Mike Claras Grandson. She asked me to come and get you."

We followed Mike in and in the room were a bunch of elderly people in the room with Mrs Clara. She came up and gave me a hug and said, "Amelia My dear my guard said you might to crash the gate if we didn't let you in. These are people who were at the farm with me. Why are you here?"

Taking her hand I said, "Mrs Clara I have some news for you. Its over, Jerimiah is no more."

"Did you find any bodies?" An elderly man asked. 

Looking at him I said, "Sir-"

"Marty sweetie just Marty," He said.

"Marty," I said. "So far they have recovered seventeen bodies and all the bodies seem to be frozen in time from the moment of their death. They are still working on finding all the bodies."

Clara sighed and said, "Amelia being a circus we had people come and go. We believe now that there may be more victims on the property that were related to the circus."

Nodding I said, "I think that there are going to be a few cold cases as well as missing persons cases solved with the discovery of all the bodies."

"If you can send me a list of possible names I will contact you if we cannot identify the bodies." I said. "I am just wanting everyone to finally have closure."

"Amelia," Clara said as she stood up and took my hand. "You have done more than anyone against that monster Jerimiah. I am thankful that his reign of terror is finally over."

We sat with Clara and the circus workers chatting for a while longer. As we went out to leave Clara's Grandson Mike met us at the door, "Amelia and Mason, Thank you for bringing us closure. Especially to my Grandmother. It has haunted her all these years that no one believed anyone from the circus group. Please keep me updated here is my card."

I took his card and we said goodbye.


----------------------------------

Driving down highway 19 we headed to see Mantis and Mac. We stopped to grab some fast food as it was almost dinner time. By the time we got to the nursing home we saw that Connie had driven up to join us. When we pulled in Connie and Mack met us at the door, "Thank God your here. Mantis is going down hill. Lilly is in with him but he has been asking for you both."

We rushed down the hall to Mantis room and Lily looked up when we walked in and said, "Thank God. Dad has been asking for you both since about 4am."

Rushing to his side and took his hand as I said, "Hey Mantis. I have good news for you. Its over finally Jerimiah was sent back to hell."

"Have you found my Mary?" He asked.

Mason excused himself for a moment as his phone rang and I said, "Mantis they are still recovering bodies."

"Mantis they found her," Mason said from the door way. "I just spoke with Marshall. Her body was recovered about an hour ago. If you want we can take you to her."

The nurse came into the room at that moment, "His health is not the best. We would suggest he does not leave."

"I am going to my Mary," He said. 

As Lily helped Mantis into his coat and shoes Connie and Mac explained the situation and the nurse said, "He might not make it back here."

Lily spoke up and said, "This is something he has to do."

The nurse nodded and said, "Okay than we need you to sign a form."

Connie said, "I will stay here till you all get back."

Mack looked at her and said, "WHat do you mean wait here we are going to."

After everyone had been signed out we went to the property. Mason had called Marshall and they were holding Marys body at the property. When we got there the sun has just been starting to set and we lead Mantis over to the gurney they had Mary on. He leaned down and kissed her forehead and spoke softly to her. We stood back as we heard a call "we found more."

Mac and Connie walked over to where the officers were removing more bodys from a hole in the ground. When they lifted one of the bodies Connie let out a gasp and cried, "Daddy."

Mason ran over to her and there was Connie and Fred dads body. He looked like the day he died and Connie went to her knees. 

Mantis had looked up and said, "I need to head back home." Lilly told the officer that he could call her when they could claim the body for burial."

Mason looked at me and said, "I will call you later."

He helped Connie to the car and drove Mac back to the nursing home. I decided to stay and watched over the recovery effort. My parents showed up about ten that night when they found another body out of a tree. My dad tried to block my view but I already knew, It was the body of my dad and in his hand was a small pink teddy bear. I told the officer I would would be handling the funeral for this body. The officer nodded and took my name and phone number. My mom said, "Amelia sweetheart lets go home there is nothing more you could do."

-----------------------------------------------

The weeks following the end of Jerimiah the police scanned the grounds and had recovered a total of 67 bodies. All the bodies were in in perfect condition and were all able to be identified. Some of the bodies were from missing person cases. Some were transients who were reported missing by fellow homeless. SOme were people directly related to the property. We held a funeral for my dad. We buried him next to my mom at my Grandparents farm. I assured Marco that things would remain the same. For all the people who were not claimed I dug into my savings along with a few generous members of the community we buried them all properly.

We then received the news right before the start of our senior year of highschool that Mantis passed. At the funeral Lilly told us that we finally gave him closure after all the sadness he had in his life. He was buried right next to Mary at the local cemetery. She asked me what I did with all the research for my senior project. I told her I will have to lie about the ending but I have it all. She gave me her card and said I am a publisher and it would make one hell of a story.

I did however spend some more of the money I had inherited. As i received profits from my grandparents farm as well as my inheritance from them I paid to have the rubble of the old house removed. Then I really did hire max to clean the property and replant new trees up the driveway. I decided I wanted to do something special with the property. I had the barn cleaned up and fixed so that it could be used as a gathering place. I had a smaller home built at the end of the driveway for me when I graduated highschool. Even though highschool was my priority I decided to make the farm into my home and a wedding venue. 

The first event that happened at my home was my graduation party. During the year the lake had slowly filled and we built a new dock and bridge over the water. Next to it we set built a wedding pavilion. My mom and I had a greenhouse built and there were massive flower and gardening beds added all over the property. We also added walking paths all over the property so people could explore. I added a plaque at the start of the walking path that held the names of everyone who had passed on the property or related to the horrible past. We also added Mantis as well. With the exception of Jerimiah. I do not know what caused him to go crazy like he did but I would never honor him.

The property became one of life and love. A few years later it was my turn to add to the family history of the land. First Mason had proposed to me on the dock on the lake. Then a year later we married at the end of the driveway at the porch to my home. The same spot that Jackson and Rebecca had married before us. We never looked backed and remained on the property running a wedding center and tending the farm.

Did all the souls finally go to the other side? Well that is a story for another time.


















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

The House

When I turned eighteen years old just over a week ago I inherited a house. Not just any house but the most haunted house in town. I had not ...